Akron Zips Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Akron Zips. All of these projections for Akron are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Akron Record and Rankings

Record: 17-16
Projected Final Record: 17.0-16.0

MAC Conference Record: 8-10
Projected Final MAC Record: 8.0-10.0
Projected Final Rank in the MAC: 8

Akron Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 132
RPI Rank: 153
NET Rank: 114
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-6 1-3 7-7 7-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.250 0.500 1.000

Our current projections give the Akron Zips a 0.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 99.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Akron’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.6%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Akron Zips. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Akron Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Cedarville Home W 70-50
11/10 271 Youngstown St Neutal W 98-69
11/16 351 Chicago St Home W 87-46
11/19 31 Clemson Neutral L 69-72
11/20 179 Illinois St Neutral L 68-73
11/21 125 St Bonaventure Neutal W 61-49
11/28 330 Alabama St Home W 86-54
12/1 248 Detroit Home W 71-59
12/5 218 PFW Away L 65-68
12/15 142 Marshall Home L 74-75
12/18 314 Tennessee St Home W 82-60
12/22 28 Nevada Away L 62-68
12/30 No Rank Carnegie Mellon Home W 82-55
1/5 282 W Michigan Home W 56-48
1/8 117 C Michigan Away L 86-88
1/12 143 N Illinois Away L 56-73
1/15 155 E Michigan Home W 51-49
1/19 154 Miami OH Away L 61-68
1/22 117 C Michigan Home W 70-67
1/26 143 N Illinois Home W 67-65
2/2 171 Ohio Away W 65-53
2/5 64 Toledo Away L 52-63
2/9 112 Kent Home W 72-53
2/12 18 Buffalo Home L 70-76
2/16 149 Ball St Away L 56-57
2/19 104 Bowling Green Away L 69-73
2/23 154 Miami OH Home W 70-58
2/26 18 Buffalo Away L 64-77
3/2 171 Ohio Home L 49-73
3/5 104 Bowling Green Home W 91-67
3/8 112 Kent Away L 65-68
3/11 154 Miami OH Home W 80-51
3/14 18 Buffalo Neutral L 46-82