Arizona State Sun Devils Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Arizona State Sun Devils. All of these projections for Arizona St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Arizona St Record and Rankings

Record: 20-12
Projected Final Record: 20.0-12.0

Pac-12 Conference Record: 8-11
Projected Final Pac-12 Record: 8.0-11.0
Projected Final Rank in the Pac-12: 9

Arizona St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 53
RPI Rank: 66
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Last 4 Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 3-4 5-5 7-2 5-0
Win % by Tier 0.429 0.500 0.778 1.000

Our current projections give the Arizona State Sun Devils a 40.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 59.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Arizona St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #10 Seed 5.6%
NCAA #11 Seed 27.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 6.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 43.6%
NIT #2 Seed 12.0%
NIT #3 Seed 2.8%
NIT #4 Seed 1.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Arizona State Sun Devils. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Arizona St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 237 Idaho St Home W 94-74
11/14 64 San Diego St Home W 90-68
11/17 327 Northern Arizona Home W 97-62
11/19 148 UC Irvine Home W 99-78
11/23 25 Kansas St Las Vegas, NV W 92-90
11/24 8 Xavier Las Vegas, NV W 102-86
12/2 147 San Francisco Home W 75-57
12/8 70 St John’s Los Angeles, CA W 82-70
12/10 7 Kansas Away W 95-85
12/17 86 Vanderbilt Home W 76-64
12/19 333 Longwood Home W 95-61
12/22 186 Pacific Home W 104-65
12/30 16 Arizona Away L 78-84
1/4 90 Colorado Away L 81-90
1/7 56 Utah Away W 80-77
1/11 60 Oregon Home L 72-76
1/13 95 Oregon St Home W 77-75
1/17 74 Stanford Away L 77-86
1/20 203 California Away W 81-73
1/25 56 Utah Home L 77-80
1/27 90 Colorado Home W 80-66
2/1 80 Washington Away L 64-68
2/4 159 Washington St Away W 88-78
2/8 39 USC Home W 80-78
2/10 41 UCLA Home W 88-79
2/15 16 Arizona Home L 70-77
2/22 60 Oregon Away L 68-75
2/24 95 Oregon St Away L 75-79
3/1 203 California Home W 84-53
3/3 74 Stanford Home L 83-84
3/7 90 Colorado Las Vegas, NV L 85-97
3/14 54 Syracuse NCAA Tournament Dayton OH L 56-60