Austin Peay Governors Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Austin Peay Governors. All of these projections for Austin Peay are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Austin Peay Record and Rankings

Record: 13-6
Projected Final Record: 20.9-10.1

OVC Conference Record: 5-1
Projected Final OVC Record: 12.9-5.1
Projected Final Rank in the OVC: 4

Austin Peay Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 134
RPI Rank: 114
NET Rank: 125
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 0-2 2-2 9-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.500 0.900

Our current projections give the Austin Peay Governors a 14.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 82.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Austin Peay’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 2.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 8.6%
NCAA #15 Seed 3.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 1.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Austin Peay Governors. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Austin Peay Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Oakland City Home W 114-53
11/9 28 Mississippi St Away L 67-95
11/12 131 South Florida Away L 70-74
11/16 247 Central Conn Neutal W 80-78
11/18 221 Campbell Neutral L 72-78
11/24 150 Ohio Away L 82-85
11/29 183 Troy Away W 79-74
12/1 346 Alabama A&M Away W 73-61
12/8 No Rank Calvary Bib Home W 116-33
12/15 207 PFW Home W 95-68
12/21 221 Campbell Neutal W 88-75
12/22 75 Liberty Neutal W 75-66
12/28 78 Arkansas Away L 65-76
1/3 225 E Kentucky Home W 93-75
1/5 250 Morehead St Home W 81-67
1/10 319 SE Missouri St Away W 78-60
1/12 332 TN Martin Away W 72-70
1/17 327 SIUE Away W 79-71
1/19 222 E Illinois Away L 83-85
1/24 321 Tennessee St Home 93%
1/26 85 Belmont Home 44.5%
1/31 335 Tennessee Tech Away 83.3%
2/2 103 Jacksonville St Away 29%
2/7 327 SIUE Home 93%
2/9 222 E Illinois Home 85.7%
2/14 47 Murray St Home 37.2%
2/16 250 Morehead St Away 63.4%
2/21 319 SE Missouri St Home 92.2%
2/23 332 TN Martin Home 93%
2/28 225 E Kentucky Away 61.5%
3/2 47 Murray St Away 14.8%