Boston College Eagles Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Boston College Eagles. All of these projections for Boston College are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Boston College Record and Rankings

Record: 19-16
Projected Final Record: 19.0-16.0

ACC Conference Record: 9-12
Projected Final ACC Record: 9.0-12.0
Projected Final Rank in the ACC: 12

Boston College Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 71
RPI Rank: 95
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 2-13 3-2 5-0 9-0
Win % by Tier 0.133 0.600 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Boston College Eagles a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 76.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 23.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Boston College’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 4.2%
NIT #3 Seed 11.6%
NIT #4 Seed 13.0%
NIT #5 Seed 41.0%
NIT #6 Seed 6.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Boston College Eagles. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Boston College Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 336 Maine Home W 85-65
11/12 339 S Carolina St Home W 91-52
11/14 320 Sacred Heart Home W 73-53
11/18 15 Texas Tech Uncasville, CT L 64-75
11/19 168 La Salle Uncasville, CT W 82-61
11/22 213 Colgate Home W 83-79
11/25 48 Providence Away L 66-86
11/29 45 Nebraska Away L 62-71
12/2 201 Hartford Away W 73-61
12/9 3 Duke Home W 89-84
12/12 278 Columbia Home W 81-66
12/17 295 Central Conn Home W 84-65
12/23 165 Richmond Home W 78-73
12/30 1 Virginia Away L 58-59
1/3 20 Clemson Home L 70-74
1/6 115 Wake Forest Home W 77-71
1/9 10 North Carolina Away L 66-96
1/13 316 Dartmouth Home W 86-72
1/15 36 Florida St Home W 81-75
1/21 33 Louisville Away L 69-77
1/24 54 Syracuse Away L 63-81
1/31 27 Virginia Tech Home L 80-85
2/4 114 Georgia Tech Home W 80-72
2/6 52 Notre Dame Away L 85-96
2/10 30 Miami FL Home W 72-70
2/13 217 Pittsburgh Away W 81-58
2/17 52 Notre Dame Home L 67-84
2/20 38 NC State Away L 66-82
2/24 30 Miami FL Away L 78-79
2/28 54 Syracuse Home W 85-70
3/3 36 Florida St Away L 76-85
3/6 114 Georgia Tech Brooklyn, NY W 87-77
3/7 38 NC State Brooklyn, NY W 91-87
3/8 20 Clemson Brooklyn, NY L 82-90
3/13 72 WKU Away L 62-79