Bucknell Bison Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Bucknell Bison. All of these projections for Bucknell are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/19/2018.

Bucknell Record and Rankings

Record: 20-9
Projected Final Record: 21.7-9.3

Patriot League Conference Record: 14-2
Projected Final Patriot League Record: 15.7-2.3
Projected Final Rank in the Patriot League: 1

Bucknell Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 117
RPI Rank: 87
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 15 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 1-0 4-4 15-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 1.000 0.500 0.938

Our current projections give the Bucknell Bison a 74.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 25.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Bucknell’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 26.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 45.6%
NCAA #15 Seed 2.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 7.0%
NIT #7 Seed 16.8%
NIT #8 Seed 1.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Bucknell Bison. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Bucknell Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 220 Monmouth NJ Away L 78-79
11/12 25 Arkansas Away L 73-101
11/15 10 North Carolina Away L 81-93
11/18 53 Maryland Away L 78-80
11/20 291 Siena Home W 115-92
11/22 118 Ball St Home W 87-83
11/26 269 Stony Brook Away W 85-76
11/29 145 St Joseph’s PA Away L 70-83
12/2 63 Vermont Home W 81-77
12/5 104 Northeastern Away L 64-82
12/16 128 VA Commonwealth Away L 79-85
12/19 180 Richmond Away W 86-78
12/22 178 La Salle Home W 88-81
12/29 332 American Univ Home W 84-55
1/2 268 Boston Univ Home L 79-84
1/5 266 Army Away W 83-66
1/8 288 Lafayette Away W 80-75
1/11 243 Lehigh Home W 78-65
1/15 222 Colgate Away W 63-51
1/17 322 Loyola MD Away W 78-70
1/20 284 Holy Cross Home W 77-56
1/24 211 Navy Away W 87-67
1/28 268 Boston Univ Away W 91-79
1/31 266 Army Home W 83-71
2/3 288 Lafayette Home W 74-59
2/5 243 Lehigh Away L 89-92
2/12 222 Colgate Home W 65-64
2/14 322 Loyola MD Home W 94-53
2/17 284 Holy Cross Away W 68-67
2/21 211 Navy Home 82.8%
2/24 332 American Univ Away 83.8%