Campbell Fighting Camels Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Campbell Fighting Camels. All of these projections for Campbell are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/14/2019.

Campbell Record and Rankings

Record: 15-10
Projected Final Record: 17.9-12.1

Big South Conference Record: 8-3
Projected Final Big South Record: 10.9-5.1
Projected Final Rank in the Big South: 3

Campbell Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 194
RPI Rank: 195
NET Rank: 223
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-0 1-2 1-3 10-5
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.333 0.250 0.667

Our current projections give the Campbell Fighting Camels a 10.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 5.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 83.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Campbell’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 6.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 4.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.8%
NIT #8 Seed 5.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Campbell Fighting Camels. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Campbell Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 287 UNC Wilmington Home W 97-93
11/9 169 Coastal Car Home L 75-85
11/12 187 Ohio Away L 73-81
11/16 319 Florida A&M Neutal W 66-59
11/18 122 Austin Peay Neutal W 78-72
11/24 70 Georgetown Away L 85-93
11/29 No Rank Trinity Bap Home W 79-29
12/4 149 Abilene Chr Away L 68-83
12/13 No Rank Central Penn Home W 100-53
12/18 204 Citadel Home L 76-82
12/21 122 Austin Peay Neutral L 75-88
12/22 316 Alabama St Neutal W 70-69
12/29 80 Miami FL Away L 62-73
1/2 No Rank Allen Home W 95-48
1/5 200 Gardner Webb Home W 72-61
1/10 158 Winthrop Home L 86-90
1/16 348 UNC Asheville Away W 70-53
1/19 253 Charleston So Away W 73-72
1/24 205 Presbyterian Home W 77-73
1/26 268 Hampton Away L 58-64
1/30 121 Radford Away W 68-67
2/2 282 Longwood Home W 83-62
2/7 228 High Point Away L 56-57
2/9 345 SC Upstate Home W 82-66
2/13 268 Hampton Home W 87-84
2/16 205 Presbyterian Away 43.3%
2/21 228 High Point Home 67.6%
2/23 282 Longwood Away 56.5%
2/27 345 SC Upstate Away 78.2%
3/2 121 Radford Home 40.9%