Canisius College Golden Griffins Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Canisius College Golden Griffins. All of these projections for Canisius are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Canisius Record and Rankings

Record: 7-11
Projected Final Record: 14.0-16.0

MAAC Conference Record: 4-2
Projected Final MAAC Record: 11.0-7.0
Projected Final Rank in the MAAC: 3

Canisius Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 233
RPI Rank: 196
NET Rank: 260
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 1-1 0-4 6-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.000 0.667

Our current projections give the Canisius College Golden Griffins a 13.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 85.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Canisius’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 12.8%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 2.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Canisius College Golden Griffins. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Canisius Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/13 138 Bucknell Away W 82-73
11/17 302 Albany NY Home L 66-75
11/19 27 Florida St Away L 61-93
11/22 25 Villanova Neutral L 56-83
11/23 76 Memphis Neutral L 63-71
11/25 155 UAB Neutral L 58-68
11/28 195 St Bonaventure Away L 55-70
12/5 262 Robert Morris Home W 68-62
12/16 315 Elon Away W 92-91
12/20 184 Holy Cross Away L 63-65
12/29 9 Buffalo Home L 72-87
1/3 288 Marist Away W 75-72
1/5 260 Siena Away W 70-66
1/8 135 Brown Home L 90-97
1/11 169 Rider Home L 73-82
1/13 227 Iona Home L 70-88
1/17 263 Quinnipiac Away W 65-63
1/19 289 Fairfield Away W 73-68
1/24 265 Monmouth NJ Home 65.6%
1/30 280 Niagara Away 49.3%
2/1 263 Quinnipiac Home 64.1%
2/4 288 Marist Home 73.3%
2/8 169 Rider Away 18.4%
2/10 314 St Peter’s Away 56.3%
2/15 289 Fairfield Home 72.3%
2/17 333 Manhattan Home 85.4%
2/22 265 Monmouth NJ Away 43.3%
2/24 227 Iona Away 36.2%
2/27 280 Niagara Home 71.8%
3/1 260 Siena Home 63.8%