Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils. All of these projections for Central Conn are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Central Conn Record and Rankings

Record: 8-9
Projected Final Record: 16.8-14.2

NEC Conference Record: 2-2
Projected Final NEC Record: 10.8-7.2
Projected Final Rank in the NEC: 3

Central Conn Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 217
RPI Rank: 190
NET Rank: 242
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-3 1-3 5-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.250 0.833

Our current projections give the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils a 21.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 13.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 65.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Central Conn’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 20.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 13.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Central Conn Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 190 Hartford Away W 75-68
11/10 85 Georgetown Away L 78-85
11/13 218 MA Lowell Home W 86-74
11/16 127 Austin Peay Neutral L 78-80
11/18 316 Florida A&M Neutal W 89-75
11/21 143 Loy Marymount Away L 74-76
11/25 No Rank Pine Manor Home W 88-59
11/29 264 NC A&T Away L 60-72
12/1 9 Virginia Tech Away L 40-94
12/8 No Rank PSU Wilkes-Barre Home W 79-58
12/16 77 Providence Away L 63-87
12/22 321 Maine Away W 93-90
12/29 57 Oregon St Away L 59-80
1/3 204 Wagner Home L 58-80
1/5 235 Sacred Heart Away L 61-73
1/10 255 F Dickinson Away W 103-96
1/12 340 Mt St Mary’s Away W 77-68
1/19 279 St Francis PA Home 75.7%
1/21 283 Robert Morris Home 78.7%
1/24 306 Bryant Away 58.5%
1/26 256 LIU Brooklyn Home 69.5%
1/31 234 St Francis NY Home 65.6%
2/2 306 Bryant Home 82.3%
2/7 279 St Francis PA Away 51.8%
2/9 283 Robert Morris Away 54%
2/14 204 Wagner Away 36.9%
2/16 234 St Francis NY Away 43.5%
2/21 340 Mt St Mary’s Home 87.5%
2/23 235 Sacred Heart Home 62.8%
2/28 256 LIU Brooklyn Away 45.6%
3/2 255 F Dickinson Home 66.8%