Central Michigan Chippewas Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Central Michigan Chippewas. All of these projections for C Michigan are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

C Michigan Record and Rankings

Record: 23-11
Projected Final Record: 23.0-11.0

MAC Conference Record: 10-8
Projected Final MAC Record: 10.0-8.0
Projected Final Rank in the MAC: 5

C Michigan Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 117
RPI Rank: 115
NET Rank: 113
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-5 1-2 10-1 9-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.333 0.909 0.750

Our current projections give the Central Michigan Chippewas a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 98.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account C Michigan’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.4%
NIT #7 Seed 0.4%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Central Michigan Chippewas. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

C Michigan Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Concordia MI Home W 98-67
11/9 351 Chicago St Home W 101-60
11/15 215 CS Bakersfield Neutal W 67-55
11/16 217 Weber St Neutral L 76-78
11/18 339 San Jose St Neutal W 76-74
11/25 No Rank Siena Hts Home W 103-75
11/28 158 Sam Houston St Away W 81-65
11/30 43 TCU Away L 62-89
12/4 271 Youngstown St Away W 100-94
12/8 266 Southern Utah Home W 95-86
12/19 246 Missouri KC Home W 81-72
12/22 327 Jackson St Home W 81-72
12/30 No Rank IN S Bend Home W 123-76
1/5 154 Miami OH Away W 84-77
1/8 132 Akron Home W 88-86
1/12 104 Bowling Green Home L 87-97
1/15 143 N Illinois Away W 78-69
1/19 149 Ball St Home L 72-83
1/22 132 Akron Away L 67-70
1/26 64 Toledo Away L 72-76
1/29 155 E Michigan Home W 86-82
2/2 282 W Michigan Home W 85-64
2/9 18 Buffalo Away L 76-90
2/12 104 Bowling Green Away L 72-79
2/16 171 Ohio Home W 87-80
2/19 112 Kent Home W 84-74
2/23 149 Ball St Away W 64-57
2/26 155 E Michigan Away W 77-66
3/2 64 Toledo Home L 68-80
3/5 143 N Illinois Home L 86-89
3/8 282 W Michigan Away W 82-75
3/11 282 W Michigan Home W 81-67
3/14 112 Kent Neutal W 89-81
3/15 18 Buffalo Neutral L 81-85