Chattanooga Mocs Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Chattanooga Mocs. All of these projections for Chattanooga are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Chattanooga Record and Rankings

Record: 10-10
Projected Final Record: 12.9-18.1

Southern Conference Record: 5-2
Projected Final Southern Record: 7.9-10.1
Projected Final Rank in the Southern: 5

Chattanooga Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 241
RPI Rank: 235
NET Rank: 255
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 0-1 1-0 6-5
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 1.000 0.545

Our current projections give the Chattanooga Mocs a 0.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 99.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Chattanooga’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Chattanooga Mocs. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Chattanooga Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 238 Charlotte Away W 80-69
11/10 225 E Kentucky Home L 78-81
11/13 No Rank Cumberland TN Home W 92-61
11/16 276 South Alabama Away L 54-73
11/17 319 SE Missouri St Neutral L 42-63
11/18 287 Jacksonville Neutral L 66-74
11/23 6 Michigan Away L 55-83
11/27 No Rank Hiwassee Home W 95-62
12/1 335 Tennessee Tech Home W 71-60
12/9 294 VMI Home W 83-65
12/12 87 Georgia St Away L 88-95
12/16 23 Mississippi Away L 70-90
12/18 332 TN Martin Away L 72-75
12/21 No Rank Bryan Home W 79-45
12/29 53 UNC Greensboro Away L 72-85
1/3 281 W Carolina Away W 73-62
1/5 81 ETSU Away L 70-96
1/12 174 Samford Home W 80-75
1/17 194 Mercer Home W 73-70
1/19 211 Citadel Home W 73-71
1/24 68 Furman Away 8%
1/26 35 Wofford Away 2.9%
1/31 281 W Carolina Home 66%
2/2 81 ETSU Home 20.3%
2/7 294 VMI Away 52.6%
2/9 53 UNC Greensboro Home 18.4%
2/16 174 Samford Away 20.6%
2/21 211 Citadel Away 35.5%
2/23 194 Mercer Away 26.7%
2/28 35 Wofford Home 15.5%
3/2 68 Furman Home 24.3%