Clemson Tigers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Clemson Tigers. All of these projections for Clemson are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Clemson Record and Rankings

Record: 19-13
Projected Final Record: 19.0-13.0

ACC Conference Record: 9-9
Projected Final ACC Record: 9.0-9.0
Projected Final Rank in the ACC: 9

Clemson Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 31
RPI Rank: 60
NET Rank: 35
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Last 4 Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-8 3-4 8-1 7-0
Win % by Tier 0.111 0.429 0.889 1.000

Our current projections give the Clemson Tigers a 58.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 41.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Clemson’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #5 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #6 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #7 Seed 5.4%
NCAA #8 Seed 7.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 8.4%
NCAA #10 Seed 11.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 11.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 11.8%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 38.0%
NIT #2 Seed 1.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.4%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.6%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.4%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Clemson Tigers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Clemson Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 254 Citadel Home W 100-80
11/9 305 NC Central Home W 71-51
11/14 158 Sam Houston St Home W 74-59
11/19 132 Akron Neutal W 72-69
11/20 124 Georgia Neutal W 64-49
11/21 52 Creighton Neutral L 82-87
11/26 49 Nebraska Home L 66-68
12/4 311 St Peter’s Home W 65-60
12/8 21 Mississippi St Neutral L 71-82
12/15 141 Radford Home W 74-66
12/18 193 Charleston So Home W 78-51
12/22 65 South Carolina Away W 78-68
12/30 67 Lipscomb Home W 84-67
1/5 2 Duke Away L 68-87
1/9 36 Syracuse Away L 53-61
1/12 1 Virginia Home L 43-63
1/16 99 Georgia Tech Home W 72-60
1/22 10 Florida St Away L 68-77
1/26 33 NC State Away L 67-69
1/29 121 Pittsburgh Home W 82-69
2/3 151 Wake Forest Home W 64-37
2/6 99 Georgia Tech Away W 65-42
2/9 17 Virginia Tech Home W 59-51
2/13 84 Miami FL Away L 64-65
2/16 25 Louisville Away L 55-56
2/19 10 Florida St Home L 64-77
2/23 119 Boston College Home W 76-66
2/27 121 Pittsburgh Away W 62-48
3/2 4 North Carolina Home L 79-81
3/6 103 Notre Dame Away W 64-62
3/9 36 Syracuse Home W 67-55
3/13 33 NC State Neutral L 58-59