Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. All of these projections for Coastal Car are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Coastal Car Record and Rankings

Record: 7-9
Projected Final Record: 13.0-17.0

Sun Belt Conference Record: 1-3
Projected Final Sun Belt Record: 7.0-11.0
Projected Final Rank in the Sun Belt: 10

Coastal Car Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 229
RPI Rank: 270
NET Rank: 186
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 0-3 2-1 3-4
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.667 0.429

Our current projections give the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers a 1.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 98.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Coastal Car’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 1.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Coastal Car Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Ferrum Home W 91-47
11/9 227 Campbell Away W 85-75
11/13 305 Tulane Away L 76-81
11/16 339 Manhattan Neutral L 53-55
11/17 353 UNC Asheville Neutal W 78-52
11/18 109 N Kentucky Away L 83-89
11/20 No Rank Methodist Home W 88-57
11/30 90 South Carolina Away L 79-85
12/5 293 Hampton Home W 75-66
12/9 37 Wofford Away L 71-82
12/16 313 NC Central Home W 69-65
12/21 101 Col Charleston Away L 71-73
1/3 183 Troy Away W 88-75
1/5 265 South Alabama Away L 77-84
1/10 96 Texas St Home L 61-65
1/12 233 UT Arlington Home L 58-61
1/19 291 Appalachian St Home 70.6%
1/24 248 Ark Little Rock Away 44.5%
1/26 211 Arkansas St Away 42.7%
1/31 162 ULM Home 43.3%
2/2 155 Louisiana Home 43.1%
2/7 233 UT Arlington Away 43.9%
2/9 96 Texas St Away 16.2%
2/16 291 Appalachian St Away 51.8%
2/21 131 Ga Southern Home 38.9%
2/23 71 Georgia St Home 32.8%
2/28 155 Louisiana Away 24.3%
3/2 162 ULM Away 24.7%
3/7 265 South Alabama Home 67.2%
3/9 183 Troy Home 53.3%