Colgate Raiders Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Colgate Raiders. All of these projections for Colgate are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Colgate Record and Rankings

Record: 10-8
Projected Final Record: 18.4-12.6

Patriot League Conference Record: 2-3
Projected Final Patriot League Record: 10.4-7.6
Projected Final Rank in the Patriot League: 3

Colgate Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 178
RPI Rank: 157
NET Rank: 164
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 0-3 2-3 7-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.400 0.875

Our current projections give the Colgate Raiders a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 5.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 94.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Colgate’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.6%
NIT #8 Seed 4.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Colgate Raiders. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Colgate Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 153 NJIT Away L 78-81
11/9 281 Monmouth NJ Home W 87-74
11/11 220 Cornell Away W 73-57
11/14 No Rank Nazareth Home W 86-68
11/19 336 Binghamton Home W 76-68
11/21 43 Syracuse Away L 56-77
11/24 270 Siena Away W 84-79
11/30 130 South Florida Away L 63-73
12/2 285 FL Gulf Coast Away W 74-56
12/5 278 Columbia Away W 64-62
12/8 86 Penn St Away L 65-76
12/15 286 Marist Home W 82-66
12/29 62 Pittsburgh Away L 54-68
1/3 268 Navy Away L 66-72
1/6 222 American Univ Home W 73-69
1/9 150 Bucknell Away L 81-84
1/12 144 Lehigh Home W 91-78
1/16 253 Army Away L 81-91
1/19 237 Boston Univ Away 56.7%
1/23 309 Lafayette Home 85.4%
1/26 302 Loyola MD Away 65.3%
1/30 253 Army Home 79.7%
2/2 237 Boston Univ Home 76.7%
2/4 144 Lehigh Away 35.1%
2/9 302 Loyola MD Home 84.7%
2/13 176 Holy Cross Away 42.2%
2/16 222 American Univ Away 51.8%
2/19 150 Bucknell Home 53.7%
2/23 268 Navy Home 81.1%
2/27 176 Holy Cross Home 59.2%
3/2 309 Lafayette Away 64.1%