Colorado Buffaloes Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Colorado Buffaloes. All of these projections for Colorado are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Colorado Record and Rankings

Record: 21-12
Projected Final Record: 21.0-12.0

Pac-12 Conference Record: 10-8
Projected Final Pac-12 Record: 10.0-8.0
Projected Final Rank in the Pac-12: 5

Colorado Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 80
RPI Rank: 80
NET Rank: 67
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 4-3 9-4 8-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.571 0.692 0.889

Our current projections give the Colorado Buffaloes a 1.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 59.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 39.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Colorado’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 1.6%
NIT #3 Seed 0.4%
NIT #4 Seed 2.4%
NIT #5 Seed 3.4%
NIT #6 Seed 27.6%
NIT #7 Seed 23.8%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Colorado Buffaloes. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Colorado Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/13 111 Drake Home W 100-71
11/16 168 NE Omaha Home W 79-75
11/20 102 San Diego Away L 64-70
11/24 222 Air Force Away W 93-56
11/28 329 Portland Home W 93-69
12/1 213 Colorado St Home W 86-80
12/4 249 South Dakota Home W 82-58
12/8 201 IL Chicago Home W 84-72
12/11 191 New Mexico Away W 78-75
12/22 189 Indiana St Neutral L 67-72
12/23 186 Hawaii Away L 62-70
12/25 268 Charlotte Neutal W 68-53
1/3 108 Arizona Away L 56-64
1/5 62 Arizona St Away L 61-83
1/10 200 Washington St Home W 92-60
1/12 42 Washington Home L 70-77
1/20 96 Utah Away L 69-78
1/24 230 California Away W 68-59
1/26 135 Stanford Away L 62-75
1/31 91 Oregon St Home L 74-76
2/2 57 Oregon Home W 73-51
2/6 116 UCLA Away W 84-73
2/9 120 USC Away W 69-65
2/13 62 Arizona St Home W 77-73
2/17 108 Arizona Home W 67-60
2/20 200 Washington St Away L 74-76
2/23 42 Washington Away L 55-64
3/2 96 Utah Home W 71-63
3/7 116 UCLA Home W 93-68
3/9 120 USC Home W 78-67
3/13 230 California Neutal W 56-51
3/14 91 Oregon St Neutal W 73-58
3/15 42 Washington Neutral L 61-66