Connecticut Huskies Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Connecticut Huskies. All of these projections for Connecticut are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Connecticut Record and Rankings

Record: 16-17
Projected Final Record: 16.0-17.0

AAC Conference Record: 6-12
Projected Final AAC Record: 6.0-12.0
Projected Final Rank in the AAC: 9

Connecticut Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 106
RPI Rank: 136
NET Rank: 95
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-11 1-4 4-2 10-0
Win % by Tier 0.083 0.200 0.667 1.000

Our current projections give the Connecticut Huskies a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 98.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Connecticut’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Connecticut Huskies. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Connecticut Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/8 255 Morehead St Home W 80-70
11/11 246 Missouri KC Home W 94-66
11/15 36 Syracuse Neutal W 83-76
11/16 34 Iowa Neutral L 72-91
11/20 181 Cornell Home W 91-74
11/24 341 New Hampshire Home W 91-66
11/27 274 MA Lowell Home W 97-75
12/2 108 Arizona Home L 72-76
12/5 277 Lafayette Home W 90-63
12/8 10 Florida St Neutral L 71-79
12/15 307 Manhattan Home W 61-46
12/18 238 Drexel Home W 97-65
12/22 22 Villanova Neutral L 58-81
1/2 122 South Florida Away L 68-76
1/5 35 UCF Home L 53-65
1/10 110 SMU Home W 76-64
1/12 24 Cincinnati Away L 72-74
1/16 107 Tulsa Away L 83-89
1/19 313 Tulane Home W 87-71
1/26 74 Wichita St Home W 80-60
1/31 35 UCF Away L 67-73
2/3 253 East Carolina Home W 76-52
2/6 56 Temple Away L 63-81
2/10 58 Memphis Away L 71-78
2/14 9 Houston Home L 63-71
2/21 110 SMU Away L 59-77
2/24 24 Cincinnati Home L 60-64
2/28 74 Wichita St Away L 63-65
3/3 122 South Florida Home W 60-58
3/7 56 Temple Home L 71-78
3/10 253 East Carolina Away W 82-73
3/14 122 South Florida Neutal W 80-73
3/15 9 Houston Neutral L 45-84