Creighton Bluejays Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Creighton Bluejays. All of these projections for Creighton are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Creighton Record and Rankings

Record: 18-14
Projected Final Record: 18.0-14.0

Big East Conference Record: 9-9
Projected Final Big East Record: 9.0-9.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big East: 5

Creighton Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 52
RPI Rank: 63
NET Rank: 52
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Last 4 Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 2-7 4-7 6-0 5-0
Win % by Tier 0.222 0.364 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Creighton Bluejays a 16.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 82.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 1.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Creighton’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #9 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 2.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 4.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 5.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 54.0%
NIT #2 Seed 19.4%
NIT #3 Seed 5.8%
NIT #4 Seed 1.8%
NIT #5 Seed 0.8%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.4%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Creighton Bluejays. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Creighton Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 310 W Illinois Home W 78-67
11/11 71 ETSU Home W 75-69
11/15 46 Ohio St Home L 60-69
11/19 182 Boise St Neutal W 94-82
11/20 93 Georgia St Neutal W 93-68
11/21 31 Clemson Neutal W 87-82
11/28 136 Montana Home W 98-72
12/1 7 Gonzaga Home L 92-103
12/8 49 Nebraska Away L 75-94
12/14 198 WI Green Bay Home W 86-65
12/18 37 Oklahoma Away L 70-83
12/20 No Rank Coe Home W 110-60
12/27 246 Missouri KC Home W 89-53
12/31 66 Providence Away W 79-68
1/5 72 Butler Away L 69-84
1/9 27 Marquette Home L 104-106
1/13 22 Villanova Home L 78-90
1/16 61 St John’s Away L 66-81
1/21 68 Georgetown Away W 91-87
1/25 72 Butler Home W 75-61
1/30 61 St John’s Home L 67-83
2/3 60 Xavier Home W 76-54
2/6 22 Villanova Away L 59-66
2/9 41 Seton Hall Away L 58-63
2/13 60 Xavier Away L 61-64
2/17 41 Seton Hall Home L 75-81
2/20 92 DePaul Away W 79-67
2/23 68 Georgetown Home W 82-69
3/3 27 Marquette Away W 66-60
3/6 66 Providence Home W 76-70
3/9 92 DePaul Home W 91-78
3/14 60 Xavier Neutral L 61-63