CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners. All of these projections for CS Bakersfield are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

CS Bakersfield Record and Rankings

Record: 10-6
Projected Final Record: 18.1-10.9

WAC Conference Record: 3-1
Projected Final WAC Record: 10.1-5.9
Projected Final Rank in the WAC: 4

CS Bakersfield Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 146
RPI Rank: 91
NET Rank: 166
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 1-0 2-3 6-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 1.000 0.400 1.000

Our current projections give the CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners a 7.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 91.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account CS Bakersfield’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #14 Seed 4.6%
NCAA #15 Seed 2.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

CS Bakersfield Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 27 TCU Away L 61-66
11/15 120 C Michigan Neutral L 55-67
11/17 326 San Jose St Neutal W 73-72
11/18 177 Weber St Neutal W 68-67
11/25 126 USC Away L 75-90
12/1 213 South Dakota Away L 56-68
12/4 No Rank UC Merced Home W 67-53
12/8 335 Idaho Away W 73-67
12/13 277 Lamar Home W 86-65
12/18 333 Cal Poly Home W 74-61
12/20 289 Portland St Away W 76-71
12/31 6 Gonzaga Away L 54-89
1/3 157 Seattle Home W 83-71
1/5 103 Utah Valley Home W 73-71
1/10 206 UTRGV Away W 75-69
1/12 92 New Mexico St Away L 62-73
1/17 243 Missouri KC Home 83.5%
1/19 343 Chicago St Home 93.8%
1/24 247 Cal Baptist Away 58.5%
1/29 No Rank UC Santa Cruz Home 98.5%
2/2 105 Grand Canyon Home 46.3%
2/7 92 New Mexico St Home 44.9%
2/9 206 UTRGV Home 76.7%
2/14 343 Chicago St Away 81.6%
2/16 243 Missouri KC Away 57.8%
2/23 247 Cal Baptist Home 82.1%
3/2 105 Grand Canyon Away 23.3%
3/7 157 Seattle Away 37.9%
3/9 103 Utah Valley Away 26.2%