Dartmouth Big Green Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Dartmouth Big Green. All of these projections for Dartmouth are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Dartmouth Record and Rankings

Record: 10-7
Projected Final Record: 14.8-15.2

Ivy League Conference Record: 1-0
Projected Final Ivy League Record: 5.8-8.2
Projected Final Rank in the Ivy League: 6

Dartmouth Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 199
RPI Rank: 206
NET Rank: 196
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 0-0 1-0 7-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 1.000 0.700

Our current projections give the Dartmouth Big Green a 2.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 95.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Dartmouth’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #16 Seed 1.6%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 2.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Dartmouth Big Green. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Dartmouth Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Newbury Home W 114-39
11/9 69 Davidson Away L 76-79
11/11 278 Loyola MD Away W 82-80
11/13 No Rank Elms Home W 100-54
11/21 9 Buffalo Away L 71-110
11/24 45 San Francisco Away L 65-84
11/29 288 Marist Neutral L 58-76
11/30 302 Albany NY Neutal W 91-77
12/5 263 Quinnipiac Home L 59-64
12/8 326 Maine Home W 78-52
12/10 248 Sacred Heart Home W 82-73
12/13 242 Boston Univ Home W 78-68
12/15 302 Albany NY Away W 61-52
12/21 317 Bryant Away L 67-68
12/30 347 New Hampshire Home W 76-68
1/2 72 Vermont Away L 59-73
1/12 145 Harvard Home W 81-63
1/26 145 Harvard Away 18.4%
2/1 135 Brown Home 42.5%
2/2 66 Yale Home 29.7%
2/8 216 Cornell Home 64.5%
2/9 282 Columbia Home 76.2%
2/15 111 Penn Away 15.3%
2/16 140 Princeton Away 20.3%
2/22 66 Yale Away 11.4%
2/23 135 Brown Away 19.4%
3/1 140 Princeton Home 44.1%
3/2 111 Penn Home 38.5%
3/8 282 Columbia Away 52.2%
3/9 216 Cornell Away 43.5%