Davidson Wildcats Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Davidson Wildcats. All of these projections for Davidson are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Davidson Record and Rankings

Record: 21-12
Projected Final Record: 21.0-12.0

Atlantic 10 Conference Record: 16-5
Projected Final Atlantic 10 Record: 16.0-5.0
Projected Final Rank in the Atlantic 10: 3

Davidson Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 67
RPI Rank: 59
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 12 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 4-6 1-0 5-3 11-2
Win % by Tier 0.400 1.000 0.625 0.846

Our current projections give the Davidson Wildcats a 43.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 48.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 8.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Davidson’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 3.6%
NCAA #12 Seed 36.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 2.6%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 2.4%
NIT #2 Seed 1.6%
NIT #3 Seed 6.4%
NIT #4 Seed 27.6%
NIT #5 Seed 9.8%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Davidson Wildcats. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Davidson Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 245 Charleston So Home W 110-62
11/14 231 UNC Wilmington Home W 108-81
11/21 34 Nevada Away L 68-81
11/25 222 Appalachian St Away L 62-78
11/28 321 Charlotte Away W 85-70
12/1 10 North Carolina Charlotte, NC L 75-85
12/5 318 VMI Home W 74-51
12/16 1 Virginia Away L 60-80
12/22 55 New Mexico St Honolulu, HI L 68-69
12/23 198 Hawaii Away L 71-79
12/25 223 Akron Honolulu, HI W 91-78
12/30 165 Richmond Away L 58-69
1/3 138 St Louis Home W 54-51
1/7 187 George Mason Away W 86-59
1/10 175 G Washington Home W 72-45
1/14 270 Fordham Away W 75-45
1/19 61 St Bonaventure Home W 83-73
1/23 158 Dayton Away L 64-65
1/28 165 Richmond Home L 63-66
1/31 168 La Salle Home W 84-65
2/3 175 G Washington Away W 87-58
2/6 120 St Joseph’s PA Home W 91-62
2/9 44 Rhode Island Away L 59-72
2/14 133 VA Commonwealth Away W 74-63
2/17 200 Massachusetts Home W 83-78
2/21 270 Fordham Home W 76-52
2/24 204 Duquesne Away W 71-60
2/27 61 St Bonaventure Away L 113-117
3/2 44 Rhode Island Home W 63-61
3/9 138 St Louis Washington, DC W 78-60
3/10 61 St Bonaventure Washington, DC W 82-70
3/11 44 Rhode Island Washington, DC W 58-57
3/15 17 Kentucky NCAA Tournament Boise ID L 73-78