Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens. All of these projections for Delaware are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Delaware Record and Rankings

Record: 12-7
Projected Final Record: 18.6-12.4

Colonial Conference Record: 4-2
Projected Final Colonial Record: 10.6-7.4
Projected Final Rank in the Colonial: 4

Delaware Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 193
RPI Rank: 152
NET Rank: 183
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-3 1-2 3-0 6-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.333 1.000 0.750

Our current projections give the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens a 2.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 96.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Delaware’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 1.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.4%
NIT #8 Seed 1.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Delaware Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 15 Maryland Away L 67-73
11/10 299 St Peter’s Away W 78-75
11/13 No Rank Chestnut Hill Home W 100-62
11/15 220 Cornell Away W 73-56
11/18 No Rank Wilmington DE Home W 70-40
11/23 63 UNC Greensboro Home L 65-84
11/26 114 Louisiana Tech Home W 75-71
11/30 352 MD E Shore Away W 71-62
12/2 278 Columbia Away W 87-86
12/5 268 Navy Home L 65-80
12/9 279 St Francis PA Home W 88-83
12/16 102 Stony Brook Away L 68-74
12/19 349 Delaware St Home L 71-73
12/28 70 Hofstra Away L 46-91
12/30 125 Northeastern Away W 82-80
1/3 205 William & Mary Home W 58-56
1/5 334 Elon Home W 77-65
1/10 214 UNC Wilmington Away W 82-69
1/12 101 Col Charleston Away L 58-71
1/17 236 James Madison Home 68.7%
1/19 308 Towson Home 82.8%
1/26 231 Drexel Home 69.1%
1/31 334 Elon Away 66%
2/2 205 William & Mary Away 39.5%
2/7 101 Col Charleston Home 38.2%
2/9 214 UNC Wilmington Home 62.8%
2/14 308 Towson Away 58.8%
2/16 236 James Madison Away 47.1%
2/23 231 Drexel Away 47.4%
2/28 125 Northeastern Home 40.2%
3/2 70 Hofstra Home 35.9%