DePaul Blue Demons Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the DePaul Blue Demons. All of these projections for DePaul are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

DePaul Record and Rankings

Record: 15-15
Projected Final Record: 15.0-15.0

Big East Conference Record: 7-11
Projected Final Big East Record: 7.0-11.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big East: 10

DePaul Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 92
RPI Rank: 164
NET Rank: 102
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 2-6 3-4 3-4 7-1
Win % by Tier 0.250 0.429 0.429 0.875

Our current projections give the DePaul Blue Demons a 0.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 4.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 95.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account DePaul’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.6%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.8%
NIT #5 Seed 0.8%
NIT #6 Seed 1.4%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the DePaul Blue Demons. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

DePaul Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 317 Bethune-Cookman Home W 80-58
11/12 343 Morgan St Home W 91-63
11/15 53 Penn St Home W 72-70
11/24 103 Notre Dame Away L 70-95
11/28 285 Cleveland St Home W 83-73
12/3 326 Florida A&M Home W 65-50
12/8 97 Northwestern Away L 68-75
12/12 351 Chicago St Home W 104-70
12/14 201 IL Chicago Home W 90-70
12/19 347 Incarnate Word Home W 81-71
12/22 119 Boston College Home L 62-65
12/29 60 Xavier Home L 65-74
1/2 22 Villanova Away L 68-73
1/6 41 Seton Hall Home W 75-74
1/12 61 St John’s Away W 79-71
1/16 72 Butler Home L 69-87
1/19 41 Seton Hall Away W 97-93
1/23 27 Marquette Away L 69-79
1/27 66 Providence Away L 67-70
1/30 22 Villanova Home L 74-86
2/2 66 Providence Home W 67-55
2/9 60 Xavier Away W 74-62
2/12 27 Marquette Home L 73-92
2/16 72 Butler Away L 78-91
2/20 52 Creighton Home L 67-79
2/27 68 Georgetown Away L 73-82
3/3 61 St John’s Home W 92-83
3/6 68 Georgetown Home W 101-69
3/9 52 Creighton Away L 78-91
3/13 61 St John’s Away L 74-82