Detroit Titans Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Detroit Titans. All of these projections for Detroit are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Detroit Record and Rankings

Record: 8-10
Projected Final Record: 14.4-15.6

Horizon Conference Record: 5-1
Projected Final Horizon Record: 11.4-6.6
Projected Final Rank in the Horizon: 2

Detroit Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 181
RPI Rank: 171
NET Rank: 168
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 1-1 1-5 6-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.167 1.000

Our current projections give the Detroit Titans a 9.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 11.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 79.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Detroit’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 5.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 3.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 1.8%
NIT #8 Seed 10.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Detroit Titans. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Detroit Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 246 W Michigan Away L 76-89
11/9 40 Temple Away L 67-83
11/12 49 Butler Away L 63-84
11/19 302 Loyola MD Home W 91-63
11/20 115 Bowling Green Home W 82-67
11/24 167 E Michigan Away W 78-74
11/28 124 Kent Home L 72-76
12/1 145 Akron Away L 59-71
12/4 73 Dayton Away L 59-98
12/5 75 Toledo Away L 57-101
12/15 147 Ohio Home L 61-63
12/21 76 Xavier Away L 55-69
12/28 295 Youngstown St Away W 78-66
12/30 300 Cleveland St Away W 73-61
1/3 174 Wright St Home W 79-58
1/5 109 N Kentucky Home L 73-95
1/10 197 WI Green Bay Home W 101-83
1/12 288 WI Milwaukee Home W 93-84
1/19 223 Oakland Home 67.6%
1/24 198 IL Chicago Away 42.5%
1/26 201 IUPUI Away 42.2%
1/31 300 Cleveland St Home 83%
2/2 295 Youngstown St Home 82.8%
2/7 109 N Kentucky Away 18.2%
2/9 174 Wright St Away 30.9%
2/14 288 WI Milwaukee Away 58.8%
2/16 197 WI Green Bay Away 43.5%
2/23 223 Oakland Away 46.3%
2/28 201 IUPUI Home 60.8%
3/2 198 IL Chicago Home 61.5%