Duquesne Dukes Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Duquesne Dukes. All of these projections for Duquesne are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Duquesne Record and Rankings

Record: 12-5
Projected Final Record: 19.1-11.9

Atlantic 10 Conference Record: 3-1
Projected Final Atlantic 10 Record: 10.1-7.9
Projected Final Rank in the Atlantic 10: 6

Duquesne Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 139
RPI Rank: 133
NET Rank: 150
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 2-1 1-3 9-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.667 0.250 1.000

Our current projections give the Duquesne Dukes a 3.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 95.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Duquesne’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #14 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Duquesne Dukes. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Duquesne Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 226 William & Mary Home W 84-70
11/12 217 IL Chicago Home W 89-88
11/17 108 Radford Neutal W 69-64
11/20 82 Notre Dame Away L 56-67
11/25 201 MA Lowell Home W 83-71
11/30 65 Pittsburgh Neutral L 53-74
12/5 99 Marshall Home W 93-82
12/9 230 Longwood Home W 80-71
12/13 351 MD E Shore Home W 72-57
12/16 326 Maine Home W 72-46
12/19 83 Penn St Home L 67-73
12/22 225 E Kentucky Home W 85-84
12/31 153 NJIT Home L 67-78
1/5 69 Davidson Away L 61-65
1/9 235 Fordham Home W 66-61
1/12 168 St Joseph’s PA Home W 85-84
1/16 229 Richmond Away W 74-68
1/20 249 G Washington Away 64.5%
1/23 64 St Louis Home 38.9%
1/26 52 VA Commonwealth Home 35.5%
1/30 129 Rhode Island Home 51.1%
2/2 70 Dayton Away 17.4%
2/6 195 St Bonaventure Home 72.8%
2/9 235 Fordham Away 60.8%
2/13 275 La Salle Away 63.4%
2/16 249 G Washington Home 84.2%
2/23 137 George Mason Away 37.6%
2/27 195 St Bonaventure Away 52.2%
3/2 197 Massachusetts Home 73.8%
3/6 64 St Louis Away 18.4%
3/9 70 Dayton Home 40.5%