Eastern Michigan Eagles Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Eastern Michigan Eagles. All of these projections for E Michigan are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

E Michigan Record and Rankings

Record: 8-10
Projected Final Record: 13.9-17.1

MAC Conference Record: 2-3
Projected Final MAC Record: 7.9-10.1
Projected Final Rank in the MAC: 8

E Michigan Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 162
RPI Rank: 122
NET Rank: 169
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-5 1-1 1-3 2-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.250 0.667

Our current projections give the Eastern Michigan Eagles a 1.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 97.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account E Michigan’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.4%
NIT #3 Seed 0.4%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.6%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Eastern Michigan Eagles. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

E Michigan Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Rochester MI Home W 77-67
11/9 223 Drexel Home W 66-62
11/11 No Rank Goshen Home W 97-74
11/14 3 Duke Away L 46-84
11/17 242 Boston Univ Home W 80-62
11/19 126 Rutgers Away L 36-63
11/24 192 Detroit Home L 74-78
11/26 31 TCU Away L 69-87
12/1 105 Northeastern Away L 67-81
12/8 No Rank Central St OH Home W 105-53
12/19 107 UC Irvine Home L 48-52
12/22 No Rank Siena Hts Home W 90-72
12/29 7 Kansas Away L 63-87
1/4 9 Buffalo Home L 58-74
1/8 93 Ball St Away W 84-82
1/12 116 Kent Home W 95-61
1/15 158 Akron Away L 49-51
1/18 9 Buffalo Away L 65-77
1/22 117 Bowling Green Home 44.3%
1/26 252 W Michigan Away 61.5%
1/29 133 C Michigan Away 35.9%
2/2 180 Miami OH Home 62.8%
2/9 144 N Illinois Home 54.8%
2/12 150 Ohio Away 41.8%
2/16 116 Kent Away 29.7%
2/19 62 Toledo Home 34.7%
2/23 252 W Michigan Home 80.4%
2/26 133 C Michigan Home 52.9%
3/2 144 N Illinois Away 37.9%
3/5 93 Ball St Home 40.5%
3/8 62 Toledo Away 17.2%