Fairleigh Dickinson Knights Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights. All of these projections for F Dickinson are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 2/14/2019.

F Dickinson Record and Rankings

Record: 12-12
Projected Final Record: 16.0-14.0

NEC Conference Record: 7-5
Projected Final NEC Record: 11.0-7.0
Projected Final Rank in the NEC: 3

F Dickinson Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 227
RPI Rank: 223
NET Rank: 211
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 16 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-0 0-3 2-3 7-6
Win % by Tier 1.000 0.000 0.400 0.538

Our current projections give the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights a 24.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 16.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 59.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account F Dickinson’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 22.6%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 16.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

F Dickinson Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 87 Rutgers Away L 55-90
11/14 No Rank Queens NY Home W 87-48
11/16 No Rank NYIT Home W 85-57
11/21 135 Princeton Away W 77-66
11/25 280 Lafayette Home L 76-80
11/27 74 Providence Away L 59-69
12/1 221 Holy Cross Away L 49-67
12/12 234 Army Home W 93-84
12/15 168 NJIT Home L 80-90
12/19 323 St Peter’s Home W 83-74
12/21 213 Massachusetts Away L 84-85
12/29 94 South Florida Away L 54-60
1/3 256 Robert Morris Away L 62-69
1/5 248 St Francis PA Away W 79-61
1/10 277 Central Conn Home L 96-103
1/12 274 Wagner Away L 60-66
1/19 289 LIU Brooklyn Away L 77-79
1/21 332 Mt St Mary’s Home W 87-69
1/24 244 St Francis NY Home W 60-58
1/26 312 Bryant Away W 78-63
1/31 289 LIU Brooklyn Home W 80-77
2/2 256 Robert Morris Home W 97-94
2/7 261 Sacred Heart Away L 63-69
2/9 244 St Francis NY Away W 84-73
2/14 248 St Francis PA Home 65.6%
2/16 312 Bryant Home 83%
2/21 261 Sacred Heart Home 64.9%
2/23 274 Wagner Home 71.4%
2/28 332 Mt St Mary’s Away 62.8%
3/2 277 Central Conn Away 48.5%