Florida A&M Rattlers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Florida A&M Rattlers. All of these projections for Florida A&M are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Florida A&M Record and Rankings

Record: 5-13
Projected Final Record: 12.3-18.7

MEAC Conference Record: 2-1
Projected Final MEAC Record: 9.3-6.7
Projected Final Rank in the MEAC: 4

Florida A&M Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 316
RPI Rank: 302
NET Rank: 310
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-0 0-2 0-8 3-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.500

Our current projections give the Florida A&M Rattlers a 10.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 3.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 86.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Florida A&M’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 10.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 3.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Florida A&M Rattlers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Florida A&M Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 292 Jacksonville Away W 65-50
11/10 No Rank Tuskegee Home W 62-55
11/16 227 Campbell Neutral L 59-66
11/18 217 Central Conn Neutral L 75-89
11/21 130 South Florida Away L 59-69
11/24 143 Loy Marymount Away L 63-71
11/29 179 North Florida Away L 62-81
12/1 265 South Alabama Away L 57-66
12/3 100 DePaul Away L 50-65
12/6 No Rank Fort Valley St Home W 80-58
12/9 82 Georgia Tech Away L 40-73
12/17 119 Utah Away L 64-93
12/18 81 Oregon Away L 64-71
12/21 310 Portland Away L 39-54
12/29 89 Memphis Away L 65-96
1/5 331 Howard Away W 82-72
1/7 258 Norfolk St Away L 62-72
1/12 341 Savannah St Home W 69-64
1/19 352 MD E Shore Home 92.2%
1/21 349 Delaware St Home 86.4%
1/26 348 Coppin St Away 60.8%
1/28 329 Morgan St Away 42.7%
2/2 264 NC A&T Home 48.5%
2/4 313 NC Central Home 60.1%
2/9 331 Howard Home 65.6%
2/11 258 Norfolk St Home 47.1%
2/16 341 Savannah St Away 54.8%
2/18 338 S Carolina St Away 47.1%
2/23 312 Bethune-Cookman Home 59.8%
3/2 264 NC A&T Away 26.2%
3/7 312 Bethune-Cookman Away 37.9%