Florida Atlantic Owls Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Florida Atlantic Owls. All of these projections for FL Atlantic are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

FL Atlantic Record and Rankings

Record: 11-6
Projected Final Record: 15.3-11.7

CUSA Conference Record: 2-2
Projected Final CUSA Record: 6.3-7.7
Projected Final Rank in the CUSA: 9

FL Atlantic Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 189
RPI Rank: 206
NET Rank: 187
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-0 0-2 2-2 5-2
Win % by Tier 1.000 0.000 0.500 0.714

Our current projections give the Florida Atlantic Owls a 0.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 98.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account FL Atlantic’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.4%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Florida Atlantic Owls. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

FL Atlantic Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 No Rank Florida Tech Home W 98-52
11/11 48 UCF Away W 80-79
11/16 131 Ga Southern Neutral L 70-80
11/17 308 Towson Neutal W 85-71
11/18 337 Incarnate Word Neutal W 71-68
11/21 No Rank Palm Beach Atl Home W 73-62
11/25 285 FL Gulf Coast Home W 85-68
12/1 312 Bethune-Cookman Away L 70-72
12/5 210 Mercer Home W 68-64
12/14 211 Arkansas St Away L 71-75
12/19 No Rank Florida Col Home W 76-64
12/22 91 Miami FL Away L 55-75
12/29 123 Illinois Away W 73-71
1/3 173 UAB Away L 50-67
1/5 323 MTSU Away W 63-56
1/10 95 Old Dominion Home W 80-73
1/12 260 Charlotte Home L 60-65
1/17 110 Marshall Away 16.2%
1/19 121 WKU Away 15.5%
1/23 202 Florida Intl Home 62.8%
1/26 202 Florida Intl Away 39.9%
1/31 114 Louisiana Tech Home 42.5%
2/2 159 Southern Miss Home 50.7%
2/7 269 UTEP Away 53.7%
2/9 160 UT San Antonio Away 27.7%
2/14 79 North Texas Home 38.5%
2/16 251 Rice Home 78.2%