Furman Paladins Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Furman Paladins. All of these projections for Furman are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Furman Record and Rankings

Record: 15-4
Projected Final Record: 22.9-7.1

Southern Conference Record: 4-3
Projected Final Southern Record: 11.9-6.1
Projected Final Rank in the Southern: 4

Furman Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 68
RPI Rank: 66
NET Rank: 60
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-3 1-1 0-0 10-0
Win % by Tier 0.250 0.500 0.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Furman Paladins a 19.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 43.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 37.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Furman’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 6.8%
NCAA #13 Seed 6.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.2%
NIT #1 Seed 1.4%
NIT #2 Seed 2.6%
NIT #3 Seed 5.2%
NIT #4 Seed 9.0%
NIT #5 Seed 14.2%
NIT #6 Seed 8.0%
NIT #7 Seed 3.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Furman Paladins. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Furman Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Bob Jones Home W 102-48
11/9 100 Loyola-Chicago Away W 60-58
11/13 173 Gardner Webb Home W 88-86
11/15 No Rank North Greenville Home W 107-67
11/17 25 Villanova Away W 76-68
11/21 No Rank S Wesleyan Home W 74-57
11/25 353 UNC Asheville Away W 65-51
12/1 281 W Carolina Home W 90-88
12/4 315 Elon Away W 98-77
12/8 330 SC Upstate Away W 74-60
12/11 284 Charleston So Home W 77-69
12/15 220 UNC Wilmington Home W 93-50
12/21 16 LSU Away L 57-75
12/29 81 ETSU Away L 56-79
1/3 194 Mercer Home W 71-58
1/5 211 Citadel Home W 101-85
1/10 294 VMI Away W 89-57
1/12 53 UNC Greensboro Away L 79-89
1/19 35 Wofford Away L 54-59
1/24 241 Chattanooga Home 92%
1/26 174 Samford Home 83.8%
1/31 211 Citadel Away 73.4%
2/2 194 Mercer Away 66.4%
2/7 281 W Carolina Away 82.1%
2/9 81 ETSU Home 58.8%
2/14 53 UNC Greensboro Home 55.5%
2/16 294 VMI Home 93%
2/23 35 Wofford Home 42.9%
2/28 174 Samford Away 62.5%
3/2 241 Chattanooga Away 75.7%