Georgetown Hoyas Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Georgetown Hoyas. All of these projections for Georgetown are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Georgetown Record and Rankings

Record: 19-13
Projected Final Record: 19.0-13.0

Big East Conference Record: 9-9
Projected Final Big East Record: 9.0-9.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big East: 6

Georgetown Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 68
RPI Rank: 91
NET Rank: 80
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 3-6 3-3 5-4 8-0
Win % by Tier 0.333 0.500 0.556 1.000

Our current projections give the Georgetown Hoyas a 1.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 86.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 12.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Georgetown’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.8%
NIT #2 Seed 0.4%
NIT #3 Seed 7.0%
NIT #4 Seed 33.0%
NIT #5 Seed 31.8%
NIT #6 Seed 12.6%
NIT #7 Seed 1.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Georgetown Hoyas. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Georgetown Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 352 MD E Shore Home W 68-53
11/10 322 Central Conn Home W 85-78
11/13 89 Illinois Away W 88-80
11/16 134 Loy Marymount Neutral L 52-65
11/18 122 South Florida Neutal W 76-73
11/24 185 Campbell Home W 93-85
11/28 208 Richmond Home W 90-82
12/3 69 Liberty Home W 88-78
12/8 36 Syracuse Away L 71-72
12/15 110 SMU Home L 73-81
12/18 228 Appalachian St Home W 83-73
12/22 270 Ark Little Rock Home W 102-94
12/29 301 Howard Home W 102-67
1/2 72 Butler Away W 84-76
1/5 61 St John’s Home L 94-97
1/9 60 Xavier Away L 75-81
1/12 66 Providence Home W 96-90
1/15 27 Marquette Home L 71-74
1/21 52 Creighton Home L 87-91
1/27 61 St John’s Away W 89-78
1/31 60 Xavier Home W 80-73
2/3 22 Villanova Away L 65-77
2/6 66 Providence Away W 76-67
2/9 72 Butler Home L 69-73
2/13 41 Seton Hall Away L 75-90
2/20 22 Villanova Home W 85-73
2/23 52 Creighton Away L 69-82
2/27 92 DePaul Home W 82-73
3/2 41 Seton Hall Home W 77-71
3/6 92 DePaul Away L 69-101
3/9 27 Marquette Away W 86-84
3/14 41 Seton Hall Neutral L 57-73