Georgia Bulldogs Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Georgia Bulldogs. All of these projections for Georgia are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Georgia Record and Rankings

Record: 18-15
Projected Final Record: 18.0-15.0

SEC Conference Record: 9-12
Projected Final SEC Record: 9.0-12.0
Projected Final Rank in the SEC: 12

Georgia Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 58
RPI Rank: 77
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 5-10 5-3 4-2 4-0
Win % by Tier 0.333 0.625 0.667 1.000

Our current projections give the Georgia Bulldogs a 10.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 43.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 46.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Georgia’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #10 Seed 2.8%
NCAA #11 Seed 6.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 6.2%
NIT #2 Seed 11.2%
NIT #3 Seed 4.2%
NIT #4 Seed 6.0%
NIT #5 Seed 11.6%
NIT #6 Seed 3.8%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Georgia Bulldogs. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Georgia Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 343 Bryant Home W 79-54
11/14 340 SC Upstate Home W 74-65
11/19 317 TAM C. Christi Home W 68-65
11/23 144 CS Fullerton Away W 64-57
11/24 64 San Diego St Fullerton, CA L 68-75
11/26 43 St Mary’s CA Fullerton, CA W 83-81
12/2 47 Marquette Away W 73-66
12/5 171 Winthrop Home W 87-82
12/16 200 Massachusetts Away L 62-72
12/19 114 Georgia Tech Home W 80-59
12/22 82 Temple Home W 84-66
12/31 17 Kentucky Away L 61-66
1/3 103 Mississippi Home W 71-60
1/6 49 Alabama Home W 65-46
1/10 42 Missouri Away L 56-68
1/13 68 South Carolina Home L 57-64
1/16 62 LSU Away W 61-60
1/20 14 Auburn Away L 65-79
1/23 24 Arkansas Home L 77-80
1/27 25 Kansas St Away L 51-56
1/30 23 Florida Home W 72-60
2/3 51 Mississippi St Away L 57-72
2/7 86 Vanderbilt Away L 66-81
2/10 14 Auburn Home L 61-78
2/14 23 Florida Away W 72-69
2/17 12 Tennessee Home W 73-62
2/21 68 South Carolina Away L 57-66
2/24 62 LSU Home W 93-82
2/28 26 Texas A&M Home L 60-61
3/3 12 Tennessee Away L 61-66
3/7 86 Vanderbilt St. Louis, MO W 78-62
3/8 42 Missouri St. Louis, MO W 62-60
3/9 17 Kentucky St. Louis, MO L 49-62