Georgia State Panthers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Georgia State Panthers. All of these projections for Georgia St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Georgia St Record and Rankings

Record: 24-9
Projected Final Record: 24.0-9.0

Sun Belt Conference Record: 13-5
Projected Final Sun Belt Record: 13.0-5.0
Projected Final Rank in the Sun Belt: 1

Georgia St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 93
RPI Rank: 48
NET Rank: 128
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 14 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-1 3-3 7-4 11-1
Win % by Tier 0.500 0.500 0.636 0.917

Our current projections give the Georgia State Panthers a 60.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 39.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Georgia St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 10.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 48.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 1.4%
NIT #7 Seed 35.2%
NIT #8 Seed 2.4%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Georgia State Panthers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Georgia St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 71 ETSU Home W 74-68
11/9 136 Montana Away L 74-81
11/13 214 Mercer Home W 62-60
11/19 125 St Bonaventure Neutal W 75-65
11/20 52 Creighton Neutral L 68-93
11/21 124 Georgia Neutal W 91-67
11/28 313 Tulane Away W 80-76
12/1 69 Liberty Away L 52-78
12/4 54 Alabama Away W 83-80
12/12 252 Chattanooga Home W 95-88
12/15 20 Kansas St Away L 59-71
12/19 273 UNC Wilmington Home W 86-71
12/29 No Rank Mid Georgia Home W 117-69
1/3 147 UT Arlington Away W 63-58
1/5 128 Texas St Away W 73-69
1/10 170 Louisiana Home W 89-76
1/12 165 ULM Home W 74-73
1/17 207 South Alabama Away W 69-66
1/19 243 Troy Away L 75-77
1/24 128 Texas St Home L 68-81
1/26 147 UT Arlington Home W 77-71
2/2 118 Ga Southern Home W 81-72
2/6 165 ULM Away L 76-82
2/8 170 Louisiana Away L 72-76
2/13 243 Troy Home W 77-63
2/15 207 South Alabama Home W 90-81
2/21 228 Appalachian St Away W 80-75
2/23 183 Coastal Car Away L 82-95
2/28 244 Arkansas St Home W 76-60
3/2 270 Ark Little Rock Home W 83-70
3/9 118 Ga Southern Away W 90-85
3/16 128 Texas St Neutal W 59-46
3/17 147 UT Arlington Neutal W 73-64