Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. All of these projections for Georgia Tech are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Georgia Tech Record and Rankings

Record: 14-18
Projected Final Record: 14.0-18.0

ACC Conference Record: 6-12
Projected Final ACC Record: 6.0-12.0
Projected Final Rank in the ACC: 10

Georgia Tech Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 99
RPI Rank: 154
NET Rank: 124
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-9 2-4 2-4 9-1
Win % by Tier 0.100 0.333 0.333 0.900

Our current projections give the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets a 0.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 5.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 94.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Georgia Tech’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.2%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.6%
NIT #6 Seed 3.8%
NIT #7 Seed 0.8%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Georgia Tech Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 212 Lamar Home W 88-69
11/13 3 Tennessee Away L 53-66
11/16 253 East Carolina Home W 79-54
11/21 162 UTRGV Home W 72-44
11/23 187 Prairie View Home W 65-54
11/28 97 Northwestern Away L 61-67
12/1 61 St John’s Neutral L 73-76
12/9 326 Florida A&M Home W 73-40
12/17 163 Gardner Webb Home L 69-79
12/19 63 Arkansas Away W 69-65
12/22 124 Georgia Home L 59-70
12/28 335 Kennesaw Home W 87-57
1/2 344 SC Upstate Home W 79-63
1/5 151 Wake Forest Home W 92-79
1/9 17 Virginia Tech Home L 49-52
1/12 36 Syracuse Away W 73-59
1/16 31 Clemson Away L 60-72
1/19 25 Louisville Home L 51-79
1/22 103 Notre Dame Home W 63-61
1/26 2 Duke Away L 53-66
1/29 4 North Carolina Home L 54-77
2/2 10 Florida St Away L 49-59
2/6 31 Clemson Home L 42-65
2/10 103 Notre Dame Away L 59-69
2/13 17 Virginia Tech Away L 68-76
2/16 10 Florida St Home L 47-69
2/20 121 Pittsburgh Home W 73-65
2/23 84 Miami FL Away L 65-80
2/27 1 Virginia Away L 51-81
3/3 119 Boston College Home W 81-78
3/6 33 NC State Away W 63-61
3/12 103 Notre Dame Neutral L 71-78