Hartford Hawks Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Hartford Hawks. All of these projections for Hartford are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Hartford Record and Rankings

Record: 9-9
Projected Final Record: 17.1-13.9

America East Conference Record: 2-1
Projected Final America East Record: 10.1-5.9
Projected Final Rank in the America East: 3

Hartford Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 190
RPI Rank: 155
NET Rank: 191
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 1-1 1-2 6-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.333 0.750

Our current projections give the Hartford Hawks a 7.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 4.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 88.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Hartford’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #15 Seed 4.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 1.6%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.6%
NIT #8 Seed 3.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Hartford Hawks. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Hartford Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 217 Central Conn Home L 68-75
11/9 56 Utah St Away L 73-100
11/11 29 Mississippi St Away L 59-77
11/15 224 Quinnipiac Away W 68-54
11/19 103 Utah Valley Neutral L 65-72
11/21 238 Iona Neutral L 75-80
11/24 No Rank W New England Home W 93-53
11/27 235 Sacred Heart Away L 89-98
12/1 115 Bowling Green Home W 76-63
12/5 5 Duke Away L 54-84
12/12 306 Bryant Away W 91-74
12/16 223 Oakland Home W 87-82
12/22 204 Wagner Away L 68-77
12/29 286 Marist Home W 65-56
12/31 128 Boston College Away W 79-78
1/9 263 UMBC Home W 66-64
1/12 80 Vermont Away L 62-81
1/16 321 Maine Away W 77-76
1/19 218 MA Lowell Home 66%
1/23 345 New Hampshire Home 93%
1/26 304 Albany NY Away 59.2%
1/30 336 Binghamton Home 90.3%
2/2 102 Stony Brook Away 17%
2/6 263 UMBC Away 51.8%
2/13 321 Maine Home 85.9%
2/16 80 Vermont Home 38.2%
2/21 345 New Hampshire Away 75.7%
2/23 218 MA Lowell Away 43.1%
2/27 336 Binghamton Away 64.5%
3/2 304 Albany NY Home 82.8%
3/5 102 Stony Brook Home 43.1%