High Point Panthers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the High Point Panthers. All of these projections for High Point are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

High Point Record and Rankings

Record: 10-8
Projected Final Record: 16.7-13.3

Big South Conference Record: 3-1
Projected Final Big South Record: 9.7-6.3
Projected Final Rank in the Big South: 4

High Point Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 209
RPI Rank: 223
NET Rank: 220
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 0-1 1-3 7-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.250 0.700

Our current projections give the High Point Panthers a 5.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 91.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account High Point’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 2.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 3.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 2.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the High Point Panthers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

High Point Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 205 William & Mary Away L 69-79
11/10 37 Wofford Home L 60-68
11/16 213 South Dakota Neutal W 60-56
11/17 263 UMBC Neutral L 59-68
11/19 232 Air Force Neutal W 69-62
11/24 216 East Carolina Away W 55-52
11/27 203 Citadel Away L 87-112
12/1 240 E Kentucky Home L 69-70
12/4 175 Valparaiso Away W 55-53
12/15 262 W Carolina Home W 86-59
12/17 No Rank NC Wesleyan Home W 90-85
12/22 228 Richmond Neutral L 59-74
12/29 33 Ohio St Away L 64-82
1/2 No Rank Washington MD Home W 101-60
1/5 275 Charleston So Away W 51-50
1/10 225 Presbyterian Home W 74-58
1/12 161 Winthrop Away L 63-80
1/16 328 SC Upstate Home W 71-54
1/24 221 Longwood Away 43.1%
1/26 353 UNC Asheville Home 98.4%
1/30 168 Gardner Webb Away 28.6%
2/2 293 Hampton Home 76.7%
2/7 227 Campbell Home 62.5%
2/9 118 Radford Away 17.4%
2/13 221 Longwood Home 61.8%
2/16 293 Hampton Away 55.5%
2/21 227 Campbell Away 43.5%
2/23 168 Gardner Webb Home 48.5%
2/27 118 Radford Home 39.9%
3/2 353 UNC Asheville Away 89.4%