Hofstra Pride Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Hofstra Pride. All of these projections for Hofstra are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Hofstra Record and Rankings

Record: 17-3
Projected Final Record: 25.8-5.2

Colonial Conference Record: 7-0
Projected Final Colonial Record: 15.8-2.2
Projected Final Rank in the Colonial: 1

Hofstra Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 58
RPI Rank: 51
NET Rank: 52
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 13 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-3 0-0 4-0 11-0
Win % by Tier 0.250 0.000 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Hofstra Pride a 43.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 54.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 2.2% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Hofstra’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 1.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #10 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 2.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 27.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 7.8%
NCAA #14 Seed 3.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 2.6%
NIT #2 Seed 5.2%
NIT #3 Seed 10.2%
NIT #4 Seed 10.4%
NIT #5 Seed 6.2%
NIT #6 Seed 9.6%
NIT #7 Seed 9.2%
NIT #8 Seed 0.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Hofstra Pride. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Hofstra Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 324 Mt St Mary’s Home W 79-61
11/11 99 Marshall Away L 72-76
11/14 256 NC A&T Home W 92-72
11/16 12 Maryland Away L 69-80
11/21 210 CS Fullerton Home W 80-71
11/24 52 VA Commonwealth Away L 67-69
11/28 260 Siena Home W 94-86
12/1 348 Kennesaw Away W 78-52
12/5 265 Monmouth NJ Home W 75-73
12/8 169 Rider Home W 89-73
12/10 333 Manhattan Away W 80-50
12/19 110 Stony Brook Away W 71-64
12/22 No Rank Rosemont Home W 107-54
12/28 203 Delaware Home W 91-46
12/30 223 Drexel Home W 89-75
1/5 105 Northeastern Home W 75-72
1/10 226 William & Mary Away W 93-90
1/12 315 Elon Away W 74-71
1/17 220 UNC Wilmington Home W 87-72
1/19 120 Col Charleston Home W 86-72
1/24 246 James Madison Away 81.6%
1/26 298 Towson Away 88.9%
2/2 105 Northeastern Away 51.1%
2/7 315 Elon Home 98.5%
2/9 226 William & Mary Home 92%
2/14 120 Col Charleston Away 55.7%
2/16 220 UNC Wilmington Away 78.2%
2/21 298 Towson Home 93.8%
2/23 246 James Madison Home 92.6%
2/28 223 Drexel Away 77.2%
3/2 203 Delaware Away 72.5%