Holy Cross Crusaders Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Holy Cross Crusaders. All of these projections for Holy Cross are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Holy Cross Record and Rankings

Record: 11-7
Projected Final Record: 19.0-12.0

Patriot League Conference Record: 2-3
Projected Final Patriot League Record: 10.0-8.0
Projected Final Rank in the Patriot League: 4

Holy Cross Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 176
RPI Rank: 148
NET Rank: 181
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 1-1 1-5 9-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.167 1.000

Our current projections give the Holy Cross Crusaders a 0.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 97.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Holy Cross’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.8%
NIT #8 Seed 1.4%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Holy Cross Crusaders. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Holy Cross Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 235 Sacred Heart Home W 93-81
11/10 2 Michigan Away L 37-56
11/13 77 Providence Away L 61-70
11/16 102 Stony Brook Neutal W 84-70
11/18 270 Siena Neutal W 57-45
11/20 304 Albany NY Away W 69-65
11/28 156 Harvard Away L 62-73
12/1 255 F Dickinson Home W 67-49
12/4 195 Massachusetts Away W 82-78
12/8 134 Rhode Island Home L 63-79
12/20 266 Canisius Home W 65-63
12/22 270 Siena Home W 60-57
12/30 238 Iona Away W 78-71
1/3 302 Loyola MD Away W 80-73
1/6 268 Navy Away L 48-50
1/9 144 Lehigh Home L 94-99
1/12 309 Lafayette Home W 77-70
1/14 150 Bucknell Away L 78-93
1/19 302 Loyola MD Home 85.2%
1/23 253 Army Away 57.5%
1/26 268 Navy Home 81.8%
1/30 237 Boston Univ Away 55.9%
2/2 222 American Univ Away 51.5%
2/6 253 Army Home 79.2%
2/10 309 Lafayette Away 64.5%
2/13 178 Colgate Home 57.8%
2/16 150 Bucknell Home 52.2%
2/18 237 Boston Univ Home 74.8%
2/24 144 Lehigh Away 34.4%
2/27 178 Colgate Away 40.9%
3/2 222 American Univ Home 69.1%