Houston Baptist Huskies Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Houston Baptist Huskies. All of these projections for Houston Bap are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Houston Bap Record and Rankings

Record: 5-10
Projected Final Record: 13.4-15.6

Southland Conference Record: 1-3
Projected Final Southland Record: 9.4-8.6
Projected Final Rank in the Southland: 5

Houston Bap Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 242
RPI Rank: 218
NET Rank: 243
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-4 1-3 2-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.250 0.667

Our current projections give the Houston Baptist Huskies a 5.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 93.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Houston Bap’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 5.6%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Houston Baptist Huskies. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Houston Bap Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 44 Arizona Away L 60-90
11/10 239 Fordham Home W 75-72
11/17 30 Wisconsin Away L 59-96
11/23 166 Wake Forest Away W 93-91
11/26 160 UT San Antonio Home L 82-86
12/1 114 Louisiana Tech Away L 78-85
12/8 96 Texas St Away L 80-90
12/14 No Rank Arlington Bap Home W 107-70
12/17 158 Samford Away L 61-85
12/19 91 Miami FL Away L 73-80
12/29 No Rank Dallas Chr Home W 143-92
1/2 277 Lamar Home W 88-82
1/5 208 New Orleans Away L 76-81
1/12 284 Nicholls St Away L 76-77
1/16 140 Abilene Chr Away L 68-75
1/19 184 Sam Houston St Home 45.2%
1/23 320 SE Louisiana Home 79.9%
1/26 298 McNeese St Away 53.7%
1/30 337 Incarnate Word Away 64.1%
2/2 280 TAM C. Christi Home 66.4%
2/6 257 SF Austin Home 62.5%
2/13 245 Cent Arkansas Away 42.5%
2/16 284 Nicholls St Home 70.6%
2/20 330 Northwestern LA Home 82.6%
2/23 184 Sam Houston St Away 27.7%
2/27 277 Lamar Away 47.4%
3/2 298 McNeese St Home 71%
3/6 337 Incarnate Word Home 83.3%
3/9 280 TAM C. Christi Away 46.7%