Howard Bison Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Howard Bison. All of these projections for Howard are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 12/10/2018.

Howard Record and Rankings

Record: 5-3
Projected Final Record: 19.6-11.4

MEAC Conference Record: 0-0
Projected Final MEAC Record: 13.1-4.9
Projected Final Rank in the MEAC: 1

Howard Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 229
RPI Rank: 152
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 16 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 0-0 1-0 2-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 1.000 0.500

Our current projections give the Howard Bison a 30.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 36.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 33.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Howard’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 5.8%
NCAA #16 Seed 24.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 1.4%
NIT #8 Seed 35.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Howard Bison. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Howard Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/7 No Rank Washington Advt Home W 115-91
11/11 No Rank Central Penn Home W 99-71
11/16 146 Massachusetts Away W 68-63
11/19 95 S Illinois Away L 69-83
11/23 257 Ark Little Rock Away L 76-97
11/24 204 Cal Baptist Neutal W 86-84
12/4 197 Appalachian St Away L 86-100
12/8 182 American Univ Home W 85-83
12/14 312 G Washington Away 58.2%
12/16 235 Fordham Away 39.9%
12/20 92 Ball St Away 8.2%
12/22 300 Hampton Neutal 65.4%
12/29 84 Georgetown Away 7.8%
1/5 302 Florida A&M Home 79.9%
1/7 346 MD E Shore Away 80.9%
1/12 310 Bethune-Cookman Home 80.9%
1/14 285 Morgan St Home 76.2%
1/19 344 S Carolina St Away 70.3%
1/21 123 Harvard Home 35.9%
1/26 353 Delaware St Home 98.5%
1/28 346 MD E Shore Home 92.6%
2/2 297 Norfolk St Home 77.2%
2/4 285 Morgan St Home 75.3%
2/9 302 Florida A&M Away 54.4%
2/11 310 Bethune-Cookman Away 55.9%
2/16 298 NC A&T Home 76.7%
2/18 319 NC Central Home 82.6%
2/23 352 Coppin St Away 83%
2/25 285 Morgan St Away 51.1%
3/2 331 Savannah St Away 61.8%
3/7 297 Norfolk St Away 51.8%