Indiana State Sycamores Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Indiana State Sycamores. All of these projections for Indiana St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Indiana St Record and Rankings

Record: 10-7
Projected Final Record: 16.5-13.5

MVC Conference Record: 2-3
Projected Final MVC Record: 8.5-9.5
Projected Final Rank in the MVC: 7

Indiana St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 163
RPI Rank: 115
NET Rank: 175
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 1-3 4-1 3-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.250 0.800 0.750

Our current projections give the Indiana State Sycamores a 5.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 4.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 91.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Indiana St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #15 Seed 2.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 1.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 1.6%
NIT #8 Seed 1.6%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Indiana State Sycamores. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Indiana St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 107 Ball St Away L 69-86
11/9 197 WI Green Bay Away W 78-74
11/14 No Rank McKendree Home W 80-63
11/24 121 WKU Home W 63-54
11/28 326 San Jose St Away W 86-57
12/1 174 Wright St Home W 69-63
12/5 79 North Texas Home L 69-80
12/8 No Rank Truman St Home W 77-69
12/16 27 TCU Away L 70-90
12/22 108 Colorado Neutal W 72-67
12/23 165 UNLV Neutal W 84-79
12/24 27 TCU Neutral L 69-83
1/2 111 Loyola-Chicago Away L 44-79
1/5 219 Bradley Home W 65-60
1/8 196 Missouri St Home L 57-72
1/12 171 Evansville Away W 72-66
1/16 191 Northern Iowa Away L 64-69
1/19 111 Loyola-Chicago Home 43.3%
1/23 175 Valparaiso Home 61.8%
1/27 172 Illinois St Away 41.8%
1/30 148 S Illinois Away 35.9%
2/2 122 Drake Home 47.4%
2/6 171 Evansville Home 60.5%
2/9 219 Bradley Away 52.9%
2/13 175 Valparaiso Away 42.5%
2/16 148 S Illinois Home 56.1%
2/20 172 Illinois St Home 60.8%
2/23 196 Missouri St Away 48.2%
2/27 122 Drake Away 28.2%
3/2 191 Northern Iowa Home 66.8%