IUPUI Jaguars Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the IUPUI Jaguars. All of these projections for IUPUI are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

IUPUI Record and Rankings

Record: 10-8
Projected Final Record: 17.2-13.8

Horizon Conference Record: 2-3
Projected Final Horizon Record: 9.2-8.8
Projected Final Rank in the Horizon: 7

IUPUI Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 201
RPI Rank: 221
NET Rank: 204
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 1-1 2-4 5-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.333 0.714

Our current projections give the IUPUI Jaguars a 7.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 91.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account IUPUI’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 3.4%
NCAA #16 Seed 3.4%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.2%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 1.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the IUPUI Jaguars. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

IUPUI Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 76 Xavier Away L 69-82
11/10 230 E Illinois Home W 71-65
11/14 128 Boston College Away W 76-69
11/16 228 Richmond Away L 70-78
11/23 234 St Francis NY Neutal W 68-48
11/24 311 Grambling Neutal W 80-69
11/28 219 Bradley Home W 85-73
12/1 107 Ball St Home L 75-85
12/6 No Rank IU Kokomo Home W 95-64
12/12 No Rank Indiana NW Home W 116-79
12/15 319 W Illinois Home W 82-68
12/18 188 PFW Away L 77-87
12/21 259 Morehead St Away L 70-74
12/28 109 N Kentucky Away L 77-92
12/30 174 Wright St Away L 64-72
1/4 198 IL Chicago Away W 66-64
1/10 300 Cleveland St Home W 90-74
1/12 295 Youngstown St Home L 76-82
1/17 197 WI Green Bay Away 42.7%
1/19 288 WI Milwaukee Away 58.8%
1/24 223 Oakland Home 64.5%
1/26 181 Detroit Home 57.8%
2/1 109 N Kentucky Home 39.2%
2/3 174 Wright St Home 48.9%
2/9 198 IL Chicago Home 60.1%
2/14 295 Youngstown St Away 58.8%
2/16 300 Cleveland St Away 59.2%
2/22 288 WI Milwaukee Home 80.4%
2/24 197 WI Green Bay Home 61.5%
2/28 181 Detroit Away 39.2%
3/2 223 Oakland Away 43.9%