Jackson State Tigers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Jackson State Tigers. All of these projections for Jackson St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Jackson St Record and Rankings

Record: 6-12
Projected Final Record: 12.6-18.4

Southwestern Conference Record: 3-2
Projected Final Southwestern Record: 9.6-8.4
Projected Final Rank in the Southwestern: 6

Jackson St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 323
RPI Rank: 338
NET Rank: 332
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-0 0-3 0-6 4-3
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.571

Our current projections give the Jackson State Tigers a 4.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 0.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 94.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Jackson St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 4.8%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.8%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Jackson State Tigers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Jackson St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 149 ULM Home L 66-75
11/10 195 St Bonaventure Away L 36-67
11/16 160 Boise St Away L 53-70
11/19 182 Sam Houston St Neutral L 60-75
11/20 342 Chicago St Neutal W 81-68
11/24 128 San Diego Away L 58-76
11/27 151 San Diego St Away L 44-87
11/29 185 Santa Clara Away L 70-81
12/8 189 Pepperdine Away L 66-69
12/11 No Rank Fisk Home W 77-56
12/15 47 Murray St Away L 57-74
12/22 133 C Michigan Away L 72-81
12/29 No Rank Miles Home W 61-57
1/5 346 Alabama A&M Away W 54-51
1/7 308 Alabama St Away L 57-59
1/12 352 Alcorn St Home W 59-52
1/14 343 Southern Univ Home W 64-58
1/19 270 Prairie View Away L 51-55
1/21 198 TX Southern Away 16.2%
1/26 285 Grambling Away 30.9%
2/2 349 MS Valley St Home 81.6%
2/4 304 Ark Pine Bluff Home 50.7%
2/9 352 Alcorn St Away 68.3%
2/11 343 Southern Univ Away 57.5%
2/16 270 Prairie View Home 42.5%
2/18 198 TX Southern Home 32.8%
2/23 285 Grambling Home 45.2%
3/2 349 MS Valley St Away 63.4%
3/4 304 Ark Pine Bluff Away 37.9%
3/7 346 Alabama A&M Home 76.2%
3/9 308 Alabama St Home 52.9%