Kansas State Wildcats Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Kansas State Wildcats. All of these projections for Kansas St are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Kansas St Record and Rankings

Record: 25-8
Projected Final Record: 25.0-8.0

Big 12 Conference Record: 14-4
Projected Final Big 12 Record: 14.0-4.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big 12: 1

Kansas St Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 20
RPI Rank: 18
NET Rank: 24
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 4 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 7-4 7-4 7-0 4-0
Win % by Tier 0.636 0.636 1.000 1.000

Our current projections give the Kansas State Wildcats a 99.0% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Kansas St’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.6%
NCAA #2 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #3 Seed 3.8%
NCAA #4 Seed 46.2%
NCAA #5 Seed 32.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 8.2%
NCAA #7 Seed 3.4%
NCAA #8 Seed 1.6%
NCAA #9 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.4%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.2%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Kansas State Wildcats. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Kansas St Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/9 335 Kennesaw Home W 56-41
11/12 324 Denver Home W 64-56
11/16 256 E Kentucky Neutal W 95-68
11/18 126 Penn Neutal W 64-48
11/19 73 Missouri Neutal W 82-67
11/24 159 Lehigh Home W 77-58
12/1 27 Marquette Away L 71-83
12/8 107 Tulsa Away L 46-47
12/15 93 Georgia St Home W 71-59
12/19 114 Southern Miss Home W 55-51
12/22 161 Vanderbilt Neutal W 69-58
12/29 150 George Mason Home W 59-58
1/2 40 Texas Home L 47-67
1/5 11 Texas Tech Away L 57-63
1/9 77 West Virginia Home W 71-69
1/12 23 Iowa St Away W 58-57
1/16 37 Oklahoma Away W 74-61
1/19 43 TCU Home W 65-55
1/22 11 Texas Tech Home W 58-45
1/26 78 Texas A&M Away L 53-65
2/2 76 Oklahoma St Away W 75-57
2/5 15 Kansas Home W 74-67
2/9 44 Baylor Away W 70-63
2/12 40 Texas Away W 71-64
2/16 23 Iowa St Home L 64-78
2/18 77 West Virginia Away W 65-51
2/23 76 Oklahoma St Home W 85-46
2/25 15 Kansas Away L 49-64
3/2 44 Baylor Home W 66-60
3/4 43 TCU Away W 64-52
3/9 37 Oklahoma Home W 68-53
3/14 43 TCU Neutal W 70-61
3/15 23 Iowa St Neutral L 59-63