Lehigh Mountain Hawks Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Lehigh Mountain Hawks. All of these projections for Lehigh are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

Lehigh Record and Rankings

Record: 11-6
Projected Final Record: 19.1-9.9

Patriot League Conference Record: 4-2
Projected Final Patriot League Record: 12.1-5.9
Projected Final Rank in the Patriot League: 2

Lehigh Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 146
RPI Rank: 118
NET Rank: 147
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 16 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-2 0-1 2-3 9-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.400 1.000

Our current projections give the Lehigh Mountain Hawks a 0.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 26.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 73.4% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Lehigh’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 1.4%
NIT #7 Seed 8.0%
NIT #8 Seed 17.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Lehigh Mountain Hawks. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Lehigh Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 265 Monmouth NJ Away W 85-61
11/9 97 Miami FL Away L 62-83
11/13 288 Marist Home W 78-72
11/16 140 Princeton Home W 72-57
11/21 260 Siena Away W 80-69
11/24 30 Kansas St Away L 58-77
12/1 228 Arkansas St Home W 82-70
12/5 66 Yale Away L 87-97
12/8 324 Mt St Mary’s Away W 85-78
12/22 243 St Francis PA Home W 88-76
12/30 84 West Virginia Away L 68-78
1/2 295 Lafayette Home W 86-83
1/6 278 Loyola MD Home W 89-72
1/9 184 Holy Cross Away W 99-94
1/12 166 Colgate Away L 78-91
1/16 236 American Univ Home W 83-76
1/19 138 Bucknell Home L 83-85
1/23 277 Navy Away 68.3%
1/26 242 Boston Univ Home 83.3%
1/30 295 Lafayette Away 69.1%
2/2 240 Army Away 61.8%
2/4 166 Colgate Home 61.8%
2/9 277 Navy Home 85.9%
2/11 138 Bucknell Away 38.2%
2/16 242 Boston Univ Away 61.8%
2/20 240 Army Home 82.1%
2/24 184 Holy Cross Home 69.9%
2/27 236 American Univ Away 58.8%
3/2 278 Loyola MD Away 65.3%