Lipscomb Bisons Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Lipscomb Bisons. All of these projections for Lipscomb are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Lipscomb Record and Rankings

Record: 25-7
Projected Final Record: 25.0-7.0

Atlantic Sun Conference Record: 14-2
Projected Final Atlantic Sun Record: 14.0-2.0
Projected Final Rank in the Atlantic Sun: 1

Lipscomb Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 67
RPI Rank: 70
NET Rank: 50
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-3 3-1 5-3 14-0
Win % by Tier 0.250 0.750 0.625 1.000

Our current projections give the Lipscomb Bisons a 3.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 96.8% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Lipscomb’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 1.6%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 2.0%
NIT #2 Seed 11.4%
NIT #3 Seed 45.0%
NIT #4 Seed 10.2%
NIT #5 Seed 11.4%
NIT #6 Seed 5.8%
NIT #7 Seed 11.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Lipscomb Bisons. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Lipscomb Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Sewanee Home W 97-53
11/10 314 Tennessee St Home W 86-79
11/15 55 Belmont Home L 83-87
11/17 110 SMU Away W 79-73
11/20 43 TCU Away W 73-64
11/25 255 Morehead St Away W 87-55
12/1 235 MTSU Away W 84-74
12/4 55 Belmont Away L 74-76
12/9 247 Navy Home W 107-81
12/12 25 Louisville Away L 68-72
12/17 No Rank Covenant Home W 119-48
12/21 85 Vermont Home W 91-66
12/30 31 Clemson Away L 67-84
1/5 291 Jacksonville Away W 77-74
1/9 180 North Florida Home W 81-66
1/12 333 Stetson Home W 95-71
1/16 174 NJIT Away W 70-52
1/21 335 Kennesaw Home W 86-57
1/24 219 FL Gulf Coast Home W 89-81
1/27 333 Stetson Away W 88-65
1/29 69 Liberty Away W 79-59
2/2 300 North Alabama Home W 102-80
2/6 180 North Florida Away W 92-55
2/9 291 Jacksonville Home W 86-77
2/13 69 Liberty Home L 66-74
2/16 335 Kennesaw Away W 83-67
2/20 219 FL Gulf Coast Away L 61-67
2/25 174 NJIT Home W 81-77
3/1 300 North Alabama Away W 87-75
3/4 335 Kennesaw Home W 86-71
3/7 174 NJIT Home W 78-55
3/10 69 Liberty Home L 68-74