Marquette Golden Eagles Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Marquette Golden Eagles. All of these projections for Marquette are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/17/2019.

Marquette Record and Rankings

Record: 24-9
Projected Final Record: 24.0-9.0

Big East Conference Record: 12-6
Projected Final Big East Record: 12.0-6.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big East: 2

Marquette Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 27
RPI Rank: 30
NET Rank: 28
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 6 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 7-5 5-3 4-1 8-0
Win % by Tier 0.583 0.625 0.800 1.000

Our current projections give the Marquette Golden Eagles a 98.4% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.6% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Marquette’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #4 Seed 2.6%
NCAA #5 Seed 38.8%
NCAA #6 Seed 24.4%
NCAA #7 Seed 20.2%
NCAA #8 Seed 8.6%
NCAA #9 Seed 1.6%
NCAA #10 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.2%
NIT #2 Seed 0.4%
NIT #3 Seed 0.2%
NIT #4 Seed 0.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.6%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Marquette Golden Eagles. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Marquette Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 206 UMBC Home W 67-42
11/10 317 Bethune-Cookman Home W 92-59
11/14 45 Indiana Away L 73-96
11/17 227 Presbyterian Home W 74-55
11/21 15 Kansas Neutral L 68-77
11/23 25 Louisville Neutal W 77-74
11/27 193 Charleston So Home W 76-55
12/1 20 Kansas St Home W 83-71
12/4 302 UTEP Home W 76-69
12/8 19 Wisconsin Home W 74-69
12/18 296 North Dakota Home W 92-66
12/21 18 Buffalo Home W 103-85
12/28 338 Southern Univ Home W 84-41
1/1 61 St John’s Away L 69-89
1/6 60 Xavier Home W 70-52
1/9 52 Creighton Away W 106-104
1/12 41 Seton Hall Home W 70-66
1/15 68 Georgetown Away W 74-71
1/20 66 Providence Home W 79-68
1/23 92 DePaul Home W 79-69
1/26 60 Xavier Away W 87-82
1/30 72 Butler Away W 76-58
2/5 61 St John’s Home L 69-70
2/9 22 Villanova Home W 66-65
2/12 92 DePaul Away W 92-73
2/20 72 Butler Home W 79-69
2/23 66 Providence Away W 76-58
2/27 22 Villanova Away L 61-67
3/3 52 Creighton Home L 60-66
3/6 41 Seton Hall Away L 64-73
3/9 68 Georgetown Home L 84-86
3/14 61 St John’s Neutal W 86-54
3/15 41 Seton Hall Neutral L 79-81