Miami Hurricanes Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Miami Hurricanes. All of these projections for Miami FL are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Miami FL Record and Rankings

Record: 22-10
Projected Final Record: 22.0-10.0

ACC Conference Record: 11-8
Projected Final ACC Record: 11.0-8.0
Projected Final Rank in the ACC: 3

Miami FL Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 30
RPI Rank: 28
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: 6 Seed

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 5-6 3-2 6-1 8-0
Win % by Tier 0.455 0.600 0.857 1.000

Our current projections give the Miami Hurricanes a 97.8% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 2.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Miami FL’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #6 Seed 25.6%
NCAA #7 Seed 28.4%
NCAA #8 Seed 17.4%
NCAA #9 Seed 15.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 7.4%
NCAA #11 Seed 2.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 1.4%
NIT #2 Seed 0.4%
NIT #3 Seed 0.4%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Miami Hurricanes. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Miami FL Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 263 Gardner Webb Home W 77-45
11/12 234 Navy Home W 89-55
11/16 337 Florida A&M Home W 90-59
11/22 168 La Salle Reading, PA W 57-46
11/25 266 North Florida Home W 86-65
11/29 111 Minnesota Away W 86-81
12/2 212 Princeton Miami, FL W 80-52
12/5 253 Boston Univ Home W 69-54
12/16 175 G Washington Away W 59-50
12/22 198 Hawaii Away W 75-57
12/23 55 New Mexico St Honolulu, HI L 54-63
12/25 65 MTSU Honolulu, HI W 84-81
12/30 217 Pittsburgh Away W 67-53
1/3 114 Georgia Tech Away L 54-64
1/7 36 Florida St Home W 80-74
1/13 20 Clemson Away L 63-72
1/15 3 Duke Home L 75-83
1/21 38 NC State Away W 86-81
1/24 33 Louisville Home W 78-75
1/27 36 Florida St Away L 94-103
1/31 217 Pittsburgh Home W 69-57
2/3 27 Virginia Tech Away W 84-75
2/7 115 Wake Forest Home W 87-81
2/10 71 Boston College Away L 70-72
2/13 1 Virginia Home L 50-59
2/17 54 Syracuse Home L 55-62
2/19 52 Notre Dame Away W 77-74
2/24 71 Boston College Home W 79-78
2/27 10 North Carolina Away W 91-88
3/3 27 Virginia Tech Home W 69-68
3/8 10 North Carolina Brooklyn, NY L 65-82
3/15 46 Loyola-Chicago NCAA Tournament Dallas TX L 62-64