Miami RedHawks Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the Miami RedHawks. All of these projections for Miami OH are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

Miami OH Record and Rankings

Record: 8-9
Projected Final Record: 12.9-18.1

MAC Conference Record: 0-4
Projected Final MAC Record: 4.9-13.1
Projected Final Rank in the MAC: 11

Miami OH Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 187
RPI Rank: 181
NET Rank: 174
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-4 0-1 1-2 5-2
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.333 0.714

Our current projections give the Miami RedHawks a 0.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.2% chance at an NIT bid and a 98.6% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Miami OH’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.2%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.4%
NIT #4 Seed 0.4%
NIT #5 Seed 0.4%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Miami RedHawks. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Miami OH Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/10 49 Butler Away L 68-90
11/12 No Rank Midway Home W 91-42
11/16 249 N Dakota St Neutal W 89-78
11/17 142 Montana Neutral L 71-73
11/18 182 Pepperdine Neutral L 80-86
11/24 253 Army Home W 85-55
11/28 76 Xavier Away L 55-82
12/1 No Rank Wilberforce Home W 88-57
12/5 174 Wright St Away W 65-62
12/8 188 PFW Home W 85-79
12/16 109 N Kentucky Away L 66-72
12/20 338 S Carolina St Home W 79-55
12/30 171 Evansville Home W 70-67
1/5 120 C Michigan Home L 77-84
1/8 138 N Illinois Home L 70-83
1/12 11 Buffalo Away L 64-88
1/15 75 Toledo Away L 59-71
1/19 145 Akron Home 44.1%
1/22 107 Ball St Away 18.9%
1/26 115 Bowling Green Home 41.5%
1/29 75 Toledo Home 34%
2/2 167 E Michigan Away 36.2%
2/5 124 Kent Away 24.7%
2/9 147 Ohio Home 50%
2/16 246 W Michigan Away 54%
2/19 107 Ball St Home 39.5%
2/23 145 Akron Away 28.6%
2/26 115 Bowling Green Away 23.8%
3/2 11 Buffalo Home 15.5%
3/5 124 Kent Home 43.7%
3/8 147 Ohio Away 34.4%