Nebraska Cornhuskers Projections 2018


These are the latest projections for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. All of these projections for Nebraska are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 3/19/2018.

Nebraska Record and Rankings

Record: 22-11
Projected Final Record: 22.0-11.0

Big Ten Conference Record: 13-6
Projected Final Big Ten Record: 13.0-6.0
Projected Final Rank in the Big Ten: 4

Nebraska Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 45
RPI Rank: 55
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 1-6 2-3 9-1 10-0
Win % by Tier 0.143 0.400 0.900 1.000

Our current projections give the Nebraska Cornhuskers a 9.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 90.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 0.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account Nebraska’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #7 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.8%
NCAA #9 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #10 Seed 1.2%
NCAA #11 Seed 1.8%
NCAA #12 Seed 2.4%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.0%
NIT #1 Seed 11.4%
NIT #2 Seed 37.6%
NIT #3 Seed 36.2%
NIT #4 Seed 5.2%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.0%
NIT #8 Seed 0.0%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

Nebraska Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/11 254 E Illinois Home W 72-68
11/13 211 North Texas Home W 86-67
11/16 70 St John’s Away L 56-79
11/19 239 North Dakota Home W 92-70
11/23 85 UCF Kissimmee, FL L 59-68
11/24 323 Marist Kissimmee, FL W 84-59
11/26 185 Long Beach St Kissimmee, FL W 85-80
11/29 71 Boston College Home W 71-62
12/3 4 Michigan St Away L 57-86
12/5 111 Minnesota Home W 78-68
12/9 28 Creighton Away L 65-75
12/16 7 Kansas Home L 72-73
12/20 177 UT San Antonio Home W 104-94
12/22 351 Delaware St Home W 85-68
12/29 315 Stetson Home W 71-62
1/2 94 Northwestern Away W 70-55
1/6 6 Purdue Away L 62-74
1/9 75 Wisconsin Home W 63-59
1/12 50 Penn St Away L 74-76
1/15 112 Illinois Home W 64-63
1/18 9 Michigan Home W 72-52
1/22 19 Ohio St Away L 59-64
1/24 134 Rutgers Away W 60-54
1/27 100 Iowa Home W 98-84
1/29 75 Wisconsin Away W 74-63
2/6 111 Minnesota Away W 91-85
2/10 134 Rutgers Home W 67-55
2/13 57 Maryland Home W 70-66
2/18 112 Illinois Away L 66-72
2/20 81 Indiana Home W 66-57
2/25 50 Penn St Home W 76-64
3/2 9 Michigan New York, NY L 58-77
3/14 51 Mississippi St Away L 59-66