New Orleans Privateers Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the New Orleans Privateers. All of these projections for New Orleans are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/17/2019.

New Orleans Record and Rankings

Record: 9-7
Projected Final Record: 17.7-11.3

Southland Conference Record: 4-1
Projected Final Southland Record: 12.7-5.3
Projected Final Rank in the Southland: 3

New Orleans Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 208
RPI Rank: 203
NET Rank: 251
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-0 0-5 0-2 5-0
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.000 0.000 1.000

Our current projections give the New Orleans Privateers a 14.6% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 11.4% chance at an NIT bid and a 74.0% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account New Orleans’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #14 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #15 Seed 4.6%
NCAA #16 Seed 10.0%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.2%
NIT #8 Seed 11.2%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the New Orleans Privateers. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

New Orleans Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 No Rank Spring Hill Home W 95-66
11/8 60 Northwestern Away L 52-82
11/12 No Rank Pensacola Chr Home W 87-59
11/14 173 UAB Away L 68-75
11/24 No Rank Governors St Home W 97-53
11/28 155 Louisiana Home L 73-77
12/5 265 South Alabama Home W 71-60
12/13 99 Tulsa Away L 60-70
12/18 No Rank Williams Bap Home W 90-62
12/20 62 Pittsburgh Away L 57-99
12/29 58 Baylor Away L 44-84
1/2 140 Abilene Chr Away L 58-68
1/5 242 Houston Bap Home W 81-76
1/9 277 Lamar Away W 78-71
1/12 298 McNeese St Home W 79-66
1/16 257 SF Austin Home W 68-61
1/19 280 TAM C. Christi Away 55.5%
1/23 245 Cent Arkansas Away 48.5%
1/26 337 Incarnate Word Away 68.3%
1/30 330 Northwestern LA Home 85.4%
2/2 337 Incarnate Word Home 86.4%
2/6 330 Northwestern LA Away 65.3%
2/9 284 Nicholls St Home 78.2%
2/16 280 TAM C. Christi Home 73.3%
2/20 320 SE Louisiana Home 82.1%
2/23 298 McNeese St Away 56.9%
2/27 184 Sam Houston St Home 54.4%
3/2 284 Nicholls St Away 56.5%
3/6 320 SE Louisiana Away 60.1%