NJIT Highlanders Projections 2019


These are the latest projections for the NJIT Highlanders. All of these projections for NJIT are based on our proprietary ratings and data that is known to be predictive. This page was last updated on 1/20/2019.

NJIT Record and Rankings

Record: 14-5
Projected Final Record: 21.4-9.6

Atlantic Sun Conference Record: 2-2
Projected Final Atlantic Sun Record: 9.4-6.6
Projected Final Rank in the Atlantic Sun: 4

NJIT Bracket Projections and Tournament Resume

DRatings Overall Rank: 153
RPI Rank: 96
NET Rank: 162
Current NCAA Bracket Projection: Out

Starting in the 2017-2018 season, the NCAA tournament committee will begin to use the “tier system” to help determine tournament bids. In prior years, the four buckets were based on wins and losses against the RPI 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, and 201+. Now, the tier system accounts for the home, neutral and away site variable.

Tier 1: vs. RPI 1-30 (home), vs. RPI 1-50 (neutral site), vs. RPI 1-75 (away)
Tier 2: vs. RPI 31-75 (home), vs. RPI 51-100 (neutral site), vs. RPI 76-135 (away)
Tier 3: vs. RPI 76-160 (home), vs. RPI 101-200 (neutral site), vs. RPI 136-240 (away)
Tier 4: vs. RPI 161+ (home), vs. RPI 201+ (neutral site), vs. RPI 240+ (away)

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
Record 0-1 1-1 5-2 7-1
Win % by Tier 0.000 0.500 0.714 0.875

Our current projections give the NJIT Highlanders a 4.2% chance to make the NCAA Tournament as conference champions or through an at-large bid. We project them to have a 1.0% chance at an NIT bid and a 94.8% chance of missing both the NCAA and NIT tournaments. Note that the predictions below take into account NJIT’s future schedule and prior results and are not necessarily based on where the team currently stands. The seed probabilities are based on a result from five hundred simulations. These simulations use all the rules for NCAA seeding, i.e. conference champions get an auto bid to the NCAA Tournament, regular season champions get an auto bid to the NIT, etc.

Seed Probability
NCAA #1 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #2 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #3 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #4 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #5 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #6 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #7 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #8 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #9 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #10 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #11 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #12 Seed 0.0%
NCAA #13 Seed 0.4%
NCAA #14 Seed 1.4%
NCAA #15 Seed 2.2%
NCAA #16 Seed 0.2%
NIT #1 Seed 0.0%
NIT #2 Seed 0.0%
NIT #3 Seed 0.0%
NIT #4 Seed 0.0%
NIT #5 Seed 0.0%
NIT #6 Seed 0.0%
NIT #7 Seed 0.6%
NIT #8 Seed 0.4%

Below is the current schedule and future game projections for the NJIT Highlanders. If a game has not been played yet, then the “result” of the game is replaced with the “win probability”.

NJIT Schedule and Game Projections

Date Oppo Rank Opponent Location Result Score
11/6 166 Colgate Home W 81-78
11/9 336 Binghamton Away W 74-57
11/11 135 Brown Home W 63-60
11/14 No Rank Kean Home W 73-40
11/17 216 Cornell Home L 73-86
11/20 245 Wagner Away W 71-60
11/24 253 LIU Brooklyn Away W 77-70
11/28 223 Drexel Away W 70-67
12/1 201 MA Lowell Away L 71-94
12/4 240 Army Home W 77-72
12/8 219 St Francis NY Home W 82-60
12/11 235 Fordham Away W 53-50
12/15 268 F Dickinson Away W 90-80
12/29 13 Houston Away L 59-80
12/31 139 Duquesne Away W 78-67
1/5 348 Kennesaw Home W 72-52
1/12 290 North Alabama Away L 55-61
1/16 50 Lipscomb Home L 52-70
1/19 287 Jacksonville Home W 77-74
1/21 172 North Florida Away 42.5%
1/24 345 Stetson Away 88.1%
1/27 290 North Alabama Home 88.3%
1/30 273 FL Gulf Coast Home 84.5%
2/2 75 Liberty Away 16%
2/9 348 Kennesaw Away 89.4%
2/13 273 FL Gulf Coast Away 62.8%
2/16 172 North Florida Home 60.8%
2/20 345 Stetson Home 93.4%
2/23 287 Jacksonville Away 64.1%
2/25 50 Lipscomb Away 13%
3/1 75 Liberty Home 38.2%